• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Tronman
    The bounty system needs to work!

I've ben trying to set up a firewire bounty for some time now, but no one seems to be able to get it going on. Maybe I should call Targhan and see what's up.

I think a vital, active bounty system is key to expanding MorphOS in ways that don't just equal "porting things over from Linux." Linux does things in a fundamentally different way than MorphOS, I think more native, original MorphOS content would be a Good Thing (tm). I'm betting more coders would be into it if the bounty system were more efficient. Maybe it could get its own, non-Paypal (and its fees) escrow account? Perhaps with a 'MorphZone LLC' type of non-profit company posessing its own bank account.

Also, the downloads section could be reworked, maybe more of an Aminet-style interface-clean, uncluttered, to the point. Not saying anything negative about the current system, but MorphOS users are very used to Aminet's way and it works well.

Overall, though, MorphZone is an excellent resource, I do like how much more centralized it is, compared to Linux. There just doesn't seem to be the 'one place to go' for Linux like there is for MorphOS, and Sourceforge isn't as friendly for average users as Linux geeks like to think it is. Average users need something attractive, which as a whole, MorphZone is :-)

PS: I also like how MorphZone isn't full of ads and popups like other sites, that needs to be kept up!
  • »09.02.07 - 21:27
    Profile Visit Website