• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Neko
    @TheMagicM

Well, the full extent is 128MB of memory, so they can use it up to that, can't they?

Even MorphDelf's comparison of how many apps he will have open (including two browsers and two paint programs at once.. sigh...) was pretty contrived. Running MorphOS in the deep dark past I never, ever ran out of memory with 128MB in my BlizzardPPC and Peg I and 256MB in my Peg II except when compiling some fairly nasty large projects. Even then, it wasn't so bad at all.

I am fairly sure a couple of web browsers, and paint packages designed around a 32MB-average-Amiga will run just fine on Efika with no problems at all. You can open all the apps you want until you run out; that doesn't mean that 128MB is not *ENOUGH*, it just means you are being rather greedy and contriving a low memory condition for the sake of it - because not all of those apps will be productive at once.

I am curious as to why Quake 3 requires 256MB RAM on MorphOS when a quarter or half of that will do for Windows 98....

http://www.ppcnux.de/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5610
    Matt Sealey, Genesi USA, Inc.
    Developer Relations
    Product Development Analyst
  • »28.11.06 - 02:16
    Profile Visit Website