"MorphOS: The Lightning OS"
  • Just looking around
    After my translations of EFIKA book and some EFIKA howtos, I plan to translate MorphOS Lightning OS. Can you tell me where is the differnces between the first version and the latest ?
    I need it because, the first version is already translated, but not by me. The former interpreter didn't feedback on my email.

Thank you, Syner.
  • »22.02.07 - 17:11
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DoctorMorbius_FP
    The following sections are completely new and must be translated from scratch:

Developer tools
    3D graphics
    Games
    MorphOS exclusive software
    F.A.Q.
    Contributors

All the other sections are very similar to the original sections, but many layers of small corrections, additions, and changes superimposed after months of revisions and suggestions by many people. I'm sorry, but there is no usable trace of all this work now.

I presume that the most efficient strategy is that you check these sections, sentence by sentence, on the English versions 2.02 on my homepage and 1.0 on OSNews, integrating the already existing 1.0 Czech translation when necessary.

Many thanks for your translation effort.

P.S.
    Note that V2.02 is framed, and is formed by two very small files, and the real article.

[ Edited by DoctorMorbius_FP on 2007/2/23 1:52 ]
    Powered by PegasosII-G4, MacMini, PowerMac MDD.
  • »23.02.07 - 00:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DoctorMorbius_FP
    This is only to inform you that the French translation of "MorphOS: The Lightning OS" is now published in its final version: MorphOS: l'OS eclair.
    You will also find a customised French version of the article (same text, some pictures substituted, and more new pictures to come in the future) at the homepage of "The Bucheron" (Gilles Mathevet, one of the two translators).

In the next days I will also publish an improved version of "TurboPrint 7.60 on the Pegasos II" (old version here). I have added a new section where generic TurboPrint settings are explained for dummies.
    French speaking people will be glad to know that a French translation will be published at the same time as the English version on the Obligement magazine.

Regards.