• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    Quote:

SoundSquare wrote:
    @DoctorMorbius_FP

i've been working on the french translation for the last few days but i have quite an issue.... the title sounds ridiculous in french :-?

I got same problem when trying to signal the news about the article on Amiga sites in Italy.

Well, the title is good in english but it could be intended to sound a bit odd when translated in italian.

If you translate it LITERALLY it will transform itself in «MorphOS: "Il Sistema Operativo fulminante"»

But then in italian this translation will sound as: «MorphOS "The OS which gives you an electrical shock"»... :-)

So, when signalling the news about the article on italian Amiga sites I preferred to say:

«MorphOS: "L'OS veloce come il lampo"» that is: «MorphOS "An OS quick as a flash"» (or it sounds: «MorphOS: "An OS quick a flashlight"») if you prefer it.

As you being french you could joke with the word "foudre" = "lightning"

And due to the fact that "coup de foudre" means also in french "fall in love" you could translate whole title using something as:

«MorphOS: Un Système d'exploitation de "coup de foudre"»

Or something similar.

Try something like it and don't forget to be creative.

Good luck.

[ Edited by Raf_MegaByte on 2006/8/3 16:40 ]

[ Edited by Raf_MegaByte on 2006/8/3 16:49 ]
    Bill Gates "Think!", Steve Jobs: "Think different!" So... Let these guy continue blabbering thinking and enjoy computing! We are on Amiga!
  • »03.08.06 - 16:34