• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DoctorMorbius_FP
    @ all

Thank you for your appreciation!

@ the translators.

The article published on OSNews contains many of the things that I wrote, but not all. After a suggestion by Guruman, saturday 15 and sunday 16 I wrote another section dedicated to developers, their expectations/problems, and the developer environment currently available. I finished this section in the afternoon of monday 17, but it was too late for OSNews, because they had already published the article since a few hours. Thom Holwerda, Managing Editor of OSNews, suggested me to transform the new section in a second part of the article. But in my opinion there is too few material, even with the addition of a FAQ that I want to write to give answers to all the questions emerged in OSNews comments and elsewhere.

(Any suggestions about other subjects that you think I forgot to mention in the article?)

OSNews editors also made small changes to the article. Most of these actually improve text readability, but there are a few changes that I do not approve completely and want to delete, restoring the original text. Finally there are some changes that probably are justified by the larger audience. For instance, in our Amiga niche some window elements are named "gadgets", which they substituted with "widgets". What do you prefer?

I will create a new final text and will make it available to you, translators, marking in red all the (few) changes done on the OSNews version that you are working on currently. So you will not lose time searching for my changes.

It is also my intention to strip away my name from top of the article, as well as the "Acknowledgements" and "About the author" sections. Instead I would like to highlight, in the ultimate MorphZone version, that the production of the article is the result of a collective effort where a number of persons put their competences to support MorphOS. So I will insert a final section similar to this:

Contributors
    Fulvio "DoctorMorbius_FP" Peruggi wrote the original English text.
    Ed Vishoot and Frank Mariak carefully read the text and made important suggestions for its improvement.
    Andrea "Guruman" Maniero provided most of the contents of the "Developer tools" section.
    Stefan Blixth provided the following pictures: MorphOS1.jpg, MorphOS2.jpg, MorphOS0.jpg, Blender.jpg.
    Gunne Steen provided the following pictures: UAE_Workbench.png, ShowGirls.jpg, MPlayer.jpg.
    Fulvio "DoctorMorbius_FP" Peruggi provided the following pictures: Shell.png, CubicIDE.png.
    Christian "tokai" Rosentreter provided the UAE_SuperFrog.png picture.
    Andrea "Guruman" Maniero: Italian translation.
    ... "SoundSquare" ...: French translation.
    Martin "Senex" Heine and ... "Bladerunner" ...: German translation.
    ... "mobydick" ...: Russian translation.
    This is version 1.1 of our collective effort.

Please let me know if you want your full name in this section, or only the nickname. Write me to <peruggi "AT" unina "DOT" it> so I can provide you the web address where version 1.1 will be available for translators.

There are a few pictures that I don't know if they must be credited to Gunne or Stefan. Gunne, may you provide info?

Cheers.

[ Edited by DoctorMorbius_FP on 2006/7/21 19:50 ]