• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    bbrv

Looks like a nice concept design, but I must agree with Acill about "tablet pcs" Consumers have voted on this one already....

However, I do feel you are going in the right direction with video conferncing, even though some of the majors are now hitting the market with solutions, if you can provide a solution that is innovative, stylish, trouble free, and low cost you may have a chance. I really like the idea of a semi-permanent wall mount (vesa mount complaint) tablet type communication device.

Built in mic and camera (hi res) for video conferencing, media card reader so people can watch mpg and divx video, display digital photos (so that when its not in use as video device it can be a digital Pictureframe on the wall) and VOIP functionality. Also IR remote control for all of these features.

It would have to be simple to use and not "geeky" or "techy" - though should be hackable ;-) You would have a consumer product on your hands. Unfortunately, i'm sure all the big electronic companies have protos of this type of thing already, and how can you compete with them? There would really need to be some "out of the box" thinking and serious forward design - something that hasnt been thought of or implemented yet.

magnetic

PS I would have thought that by now Freescale would want to help fund and develop products with you guys. Especially in light of all the money then now have with their sky high stock price!
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »01.05.06 - 21:22
    Profile Visit Website