• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Gelb
    Ok then, here's my (rather long) story too :-)

On 05-Jan-2005 I was brave enough to replace the fan on my Peg2/G4 CPU card, because the old one made some weird noises. So I removed the old one, mounted the new one, made sure it was properly seated on the actual CPU and switched on the Peg and ...

everything worked! ?-)

... but just for a few minutes. Then the PSU switched on its brain and switched off itself. Switching the Peg on again did nothing, so I waited a couple minutes and tried again. This time the Peg worked again for a couple of minutes and then the PSU did it's marvelous job of selfdestruct-prevention again. As my Peg was still opened from the CPU-card-rip-out-replace-fan-and-put-back operation I was able to see the rare beauty of a glowing component on the CPU card when I tried for the 3rd time - The nice PSU failed to do its job this time!

I then sent a mail to bplan on the same day describing what I did and asking what I should do. Got the reply the next day (06-Jan-2005) describing in detail what the possible fault was and where to send the CPU card to.

So on 07-Jan-2005 the card was going out to bplan. The weekend passed, monday passed and on tuesday (11-Jan-2005) the card came back fixed together with my old/new fan mounted and a new fan from bplan in the package.

In conclusion: Bplan did a great job in repairing and sending the card back in basically no time (2 days lost by the card being delivered and a weekend inbetween). I'm still blown away by the speed all this was handled. Thank you bplan! :-)

[ Edited by Gelb on 2005/5/24 23:15 ]
  • »24.05.05 - 20:11
    Profile Visit Website