MorphOS devs problems needs a solution very soon!
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    bbrv
    Good idea!

R&B
  • »13.01.05 - 01:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    @bbrv
    and you agree that easily?

so maybe you just used amigan ppl and morphos project only to promote pegasos?
    morphos was used to help the pegasos to be shipped with a system. now that you got interest from some linux parties morphos is no more needed and you consider dropping it completly?

so you agree you cheated everyone?
    morphos was just useful when you had a need for it, but right from the start you had no plan to support it in the future, you just used ppl's motivation as a tool ? terrible.
  • »13.01.05 - 01:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AyoS
    @bbrv & keisangi

You speak Blasphemy!!!! May Blue flames come from the Earth and Devour Youuuuu!!!!!!

:-)

Actually, Ahh nevermind.
  • »13.01.05 - 02:31
    Kronos
    @keisangi

The did:
    - pay MorphOS-devs up to mid 2003
    - set up the superbundle
    - go to trade shows
    - payed advertisments on web-sites and magazines
    - exchanged boards up to 2 times
    - gave out free systems

All just to "use" 1000-2000 Amiga-users ??? Something is just wrong in your logic ;-)

I fear that there won't be a solution anytime soon, but I also clearly see that bbrv aren't the only one to be blamed for that :-x
  • »13.01.05 - 04:18
    hooligan
    @Keisangi

Did you notice you answered your own questions by yourself? :-)

But for the sake of clarity:
    Quote:

so maybe you just used amigan ppl and morphos project only to promote pegasos?

Naturally. And I haven't seen many people complaining about having MorphOS on Pegasos, or about Pegasos2 or about getting a free ODW to work with. You are saying all these are BAD things???

Quote:

morphos was used to help the pegasos to be shipped with a system. now that you got interest from some linux parties morphos is no more needed and you consider dropping it completly?

Times change, and if the separation will be true it surely won't be because of Genesi ONLY. Why don't you ask why on earth they kept along even this long supporting MorphOS as it definetely is no goldmine?

Quote:

so you agree you cheated everyone?

Mighty ability of drawing of selfconclusions you got there :-)

Quote:

morphos was just useful when you had a need for it, but right from the start you had no plan to support it in the future, you just used ppl's motivation as a tool ? terrible.

Again, was it wrong that they helped MorphOS and us users to be where we are today: Using Amiga-like system on a good and pretty modern hardware?

I'd have removed your post as trolling but as I don't have moderation rights on this section I decided just to correct you a bit. If you have questions, ask them.. don't asnswer them by yourself as that looks silly.

Genesi has done wrong in many areas and only god knows how many emails we have exchanged about those with BBRV. But there are also lots of good things aswell, DON'T FORGET these either.
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »13.01.05 - 04:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Oppressor
    Finally! Make it happen, bbrv! Cheers ;-)
  • »13.01.05 - 08:52
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ironfist
    keisangi wrote;
    "maybe it would be better and safer for morphos to be separated from genesi then."

BBRV wrote:
    "Good idea!"

I concur to both these sentences. The MorphOS community
    has clearly showed it does not deserve the support and
    business contacts of Genesi, BBRV and colleagues.

With all this BBRV/Genesi-bashing from community where no
    outsider has got any facts on his/her table, this sure proves it.

You don't deserve any support.

I concur loudly:
    Good idea!

Try to take care of yourselves you forum-junkies-with-no-lives.
  • »13.01.05 - 16:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • News Moderator
    News Moderator
    Darth_X
    I would like to see people who constantly troll on this board spreading their HATE to be banned from posting.

For example, the only post from keisangi on MZ have been trollish posts. How much of this kind of posting should we suffer?
    When you have eliminated all which is impossible,
    then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!!! - Sherlock Holmes
  • »13.01.05 - 19:04
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    cecilia
    what are you the POST POLICE?

who's forcing you to read them?
    "if you ever slam anyone, for anything, somehow you always end up eating shoe" Targhan
  • »13.01.05 - 19:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • News Moderator
    News Moderator
    Darth_X
    Quote:

cecilia wrote:
    what are you the POST POLICE?

who's forcing you to read them?

I am a moderator here at MZ and it is my job to maintain order, if that requires taking action on certain posts.

Certain people who come here to post messages that cause trouble should be dealt with.
    When you have eliminated all which is impossible,
    then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!!! - Sherlock Holmes
  • »13.01.05 - 20:45
    bbrv
    Hi Darth generally we agree, but sometimes you have to take the good with the bad when you create a Forum where all by definition need to be "equal." Admittedly, this site will not be a good place for any of us to exchange ideas unless we make it a reasonably good place for all of us to do so. This is why you need to make room for other opinions and perspectives and why we rarely censor anything.

Certain people who only have bad things to say usually do not have anything else to say. They convict themselves and their opinions to insignificance. Any silly person can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most silly people do. It is entirely something else to discuss a subject wisely with the authority of facts, experience and knowledge.

Winston Churchill said, "Kites rise highest against the wind - not with it." ;-) So let's get to it. There is still plenty to discuss.

R&B :-)
  • »13.01.05 - 21:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AyoS
    @bbrv,

The problem with continuing this discussion is that those at the Head of the dissagreement are not involved in the discussion... You speak your point of view very well, and state what you believe to be the facts, But without David, and other Mos Dev leaders engaging the debate their is little good that can come from continuing this topic.

Personally I would love to see a resolution, I just don't think that it will come from arguments or Ideas bantered about by the Users in public forums such as this...
  • »13.01.05 - 21:46
  • JKD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JKD
    @katos1

+1,000 insightful!
  • »13.01.05 - 22:21
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    My vote. Let the thread die.
    --Mithalas
  • »14.01.05 - 00:23
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    cecilia
    NO! 8-D
    "if you ever slam anyone, for anything, somehow you always end up eating shoe" Targhan
  • »14.01.05 - 00:37
    Profile Visit Website
    Robin
    YES! :-P
  • »14.01.05 - 01:24
    Profile Visit Website
    bbrv
    ..but that is the point. David can post here. He can confront the issues and post without fear of... (after Morphos.net and a MorphOS fork, what would he be afraid of anyway?) ?!

Nicolas Sallin posted here in his absence (and undoubtedly with his complete agreement), but when he could not confront the facts any longer he moved to ANN to post there without confrontation.

The best thing that can happen is that the whole situation is laid bare for all to see and then the community (jury) can make a judgment. We are more than welcome to this, but we don't think you will find much courage to face this approach from others. They are too self-centered. It is easy to post on "morphos.net" when there can be no answer. It is something completely different to face another opinion in contrast to your own.

We hope they figure out a way to release their version of 1.5 on their own. This would be a great thing for MorphOS users (with or without Quark). Later, after they experience the reality of "business" and perhaps a few more years of life (really on their own) they may think a little bit more before they act and finally consider the opportunities they missed.

R&B
  • »14.01.05 - 01:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    Henes
    Pathetic...
  • »14.01.05 - 02:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    (note: edited)

BBRV: What good would it too to see David to post here too? Your skisms are over year old (soon two?).. what good can be archived with this here and now.

Either you (Genesi) pays or not.. But either way it goes, I see no reason on trying to discredit mos coders in either way. If there is progress on Mos and if you have something to say on it, please let us see that.

[ Edited by JoannaK on 2005/1/14 5:57 ]
    http://somequicknotes.blogspot.com/index.html
  • »14.01.05 - 02:36
  • JKD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JKD
    Agreed...and also incapable of taking advice.
  • »14.01.05 - 02:36
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DSLCC
    Quote:

It is easy to post on "morphos.net" when there can be no answer.

The cool thing about this community is that we can answer. We don't have to buy anything from Vapor.com or from jschoenfeld.com as long as their names appear on morphos.net. The community could cut their income in half by boycotting their products. After awhile we'll just give up on MorphOS and go on to something different like Mini Macs or A1's. If the situation is not resolved soon, we won't even care about MorphOS any more. :-D
    Pegasos 1 G3 MorphOS 1.4.5* Mac G4 Sawtooth 1Ghz Tiger 10.4.1* Both Rock! :-D
  • »14.01.05 - 04:09
    hooligan
    Quote:

The cool thing about this community is that we can answer. We don't have to buy anything from Vapor.com or from jschoenfeld.com as long as their names appear on morphos.net. The community could cut their income in half by boycotting their products. After awhile we'll just give up on MorphOS and go on to something different like Mini Macs or A1's. If the situation is not resolved soon, we won't even care about MorphOS any more.

Hey I went even as far as not reading amiga.org anymore ;-)
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »14.01.05 - 04:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DSLCC
    @hooligan
    Quote:

ey I went even as far as not reading amiga.org anymore

I still enjoy reading all the sites...I think for entertainment mainly. I look at MorphZone.org, Amiga.org, Amigaworld.net, and ANN.lu in that order. Everyday. I spend more time on my Mac reading the Amiga sites than anything else I do with it. So when it comes down to it...it's not the hardware platform that matters, but the content of the Amiga web sites. :-D
    Pegasos 1 G3 MorphOS 1.4.5* Mac G4 Sawtooth 1Ghz Tiger 10.4.1* Both Rock! :-D
  • »14.01.05 - 04:51
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Hm. All those last posts are a bit strange. There were no any comments from MOS team at all. So we see that only BBRV speak of Genesi. Me personnaly agree with BBRV. I also will NOT pay for anything which is only "on words". As I understand, there were NO result presented to BBRV to pay for, and those who ask money on morphos.net are too childish and blind to cut the branch they are sitting on. And it is very funny to read "pay them" comments.

There MUST be a solution. But everything could be judged only by those people who obtain ALL the needed info. I am not.
    WBR, Vladimir Berezenko
  • »14.01.05 - 06:50
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    BatteMan
    QMaster : So, if you don't have all the needed information, why do you say they're "childish" and blind ? We can say the same thing about BBRV or you or me...

I know only one thing : No MorphOS 1.5 now and for a long time, unless...
    Proud user of MorphOS since 2003 !
  • »14.01.05 - 08:36
    Profile Visit Website