• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

volm wrote:

Nevermind the market, I think you are under-estimating the importance of keeping the developers of MorphOS involved.

If it wasn't for them, MorphOS would not exist in the first place, nor would it have gained the popularity it has with several talented people in the (now ex-) Amiga-community.

If Genesi now plans to hide/put MorphOS away for a while in order to save money on licenses for external developers, thereby cutting ties with external developers, it will just be that much harder to get people with the necessary experience and insight on board later.

Either way, I hope those of the MorphOS-developers who're eager to take the OS forward on the desktop will have an option to do so following this, with or without Genesi.

Make it right.

Well I think there are reasons to why Genesi hasn't thrown in the towel on this yet, and those reasons are just those that you described. But I also believe that the tough reality affects their abilities, thus setting the limit in how far they can go in order of doing so; and how much of other things they can sacrifice to make this happen.
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »23.11.04 - 22:11