• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Velcro_SP
    Quote:

I can only promise to keep the site here up, try to keep it somewhat clean, and a way to "deliver" software for those who don't have the means of distribution themselves.

I think it should be understood that there are people trying to keep this from getting any worse. Just try to be supportive, and maybe we'll get through this thing.

Targhan, I agree totally. The MOS community will get through this. It's very damaging in the short term of course because some people get ticked off and decide not to buy that Pegasos or they decide to leave the community. So it's absolutely critical that the different parties reach agreement and reassure the users of the future path. This has to be done very soon, rather than after a few weeks, because every day we are seeing a few people who are normally quiet, happy campers and they start talking about switching to whatever else. This is remarkable I think and beyond the level of the usual disasters we have had in the past, such as issues with Christian Kemp or the BSD developer.

I am still confident that we'll get through it though, the question is how much more banged up are we going to be by the time that happens and what is this future going to look like for MOS users?

I'm sure that the different parties like those in the title of this thread are frustrated with everything and not enjoying their jobs these last several days. I encourage all of them to hang in there and keep trying to reach agreement. Find other ways to reach agreement rather than picking x number of euros and trying to get the other guy down or up to that. There have to be creative solutions.

If any party to these negotiations thinks he has the others "over a barrel" he is totally wrong. The only thing being held over the barrel is the community and the future of the platform: Pegasos and MOS. MOS is critical to the future of the Pegasos too. Maybe some sales have been made with Linux lately, but the creativity of MOS community and MOS alternative program development is so important in what it represents, not so much now, but in the potential for the future. In a future where people finally realize that Linux has some disadvantages like being sluggish (so shoot me, I finally said it) and then you have Microsoft-financed SCO gunning for it for violating Unix patents or whatever.

A lot of what has differentiated Genesi and garnered publicity is what occurs from MOS community. They might do okay for a while as a PPC mainboard for Linux manufacturer, and maybe not. They need to keep MorphOS in their back pocket even as they deal with these guys like Freescale.

Papyrus just came out, we are having good software releases weekly. Genesi, don't even think about dimming the lights on this party, you shoot yourself in the ass. As for the other side, you've made your point, but if all you do now is stand there waving your 28,000 euro bill for services rendered you'll turn your hours of work for low pay into hours of work for no pay.

People need to get real and start working together, no matter how impossible that seems. This current situation is damaging everybody by the day.

Excuse me for my longwinded speech!
    Pegasos2 G3, 512 megs RAM
  • »23.11.04 - 15:22