guruman
    I thought I could put my unworthy two cents too, at this point, so here I go.
    For what is worth, I'd advise everyone to tone down a bit the discussion. This thread seems to have turned to the "let's flame zapek" feast, even though the posters might not have had this purpose in mind. I don't think it was even bbrv desire to have us bashing zapek (at least, I hope so). Not only he is a talented coder, but I'd simphatize with him would he find all of this (including this thread) even more depressing and demotivating. Putting things into perspective, we shouldn't forget he is one of those who got "hurt", even though at some point he maybe overreacted.
    I appreciate (and probably most of you do) the straight communication bbrv gave in this thread, I just hope that facts will follow these words. I understand the need to have a date for the release of 1.5 set before funding again MOS, and the need to be reassured about the status of those OS components. OTOH I understand David's unwillingness to part from his work before he has something concrete in his hands. A settlement might be a checking/validation of David's work made by someone who's trusted by both parties (Ralph?), and subsequent (at least) partial payment (if there is any money, that is)...
    That's what I'd do, at least, not for the sake of the so called community, or anything like that (love for MOS), but from the perspective that this is one of the few ways to set thing straight, and for every part involved to get their money (David for his work, and Genesi for their big investments in this platform - MOS 1.5 might make some impression outside the Amiga world, and I know some outside the usual suspects that agrees on this).
    Moreover I think it's totally impractical to substitute Ambient, at this point. And I happen to like what Ambient was supposed to become (although no, just like everyone else, I haven't seen it with my own eyes).

Hopefully we'll get (good) news about this. (they still have to find a cure for my optimism, eh? :-D )

Kind regards,
    Andrea
  • »23.11.04 - 13:53