• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

FALCON1 wrote:
    @takemehomegrandma

*the feature list is the feature that the current internal ambient HAS

The latest snapshot of MorphOS has been demonstrated by members of the MorphOS team on various occasions during the spring and summer this year. I have not visited any of those myself, but I have read all the reports (I think), and I can't recall reading anything about some of those things listed on that page! MUI is another thing though; I have seen reports of progress there, but none for Ambient? So I must ask you, have you seen these features with *your own* eyes, or tried them hands-on?

For example:

Quote:

Different views
    Depending on the media content, a different view can be used. For example an icon view with thumbnails, a list view showing most attributes of files, a view showing pictures. Everything is possible and views are pluggable modules.

and

Quote:

Mimetypes
    Each media can be handled differently depending on its mimetype. Ambient allows to configure exactly what to do with a given media. For example you might want to run some player tool when double clicking on a sound file or use Ambient's built in replayer.

Note, I am *not* arguing here, just asking for some clarification! :-) Has anyone tried these features themselves on a show or similar? It would be interesting to know if I have (shock, horror) ... *missed* something! :-o :-D
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »22.11.04 - 11:47