• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

Leo wrote:
    morphos.net has been updated:

"2004-11-21: Genesi is making statements on web forums implying those above amounts contain "idle time". This is untrue. Only actual work is charged"

Leo.

LOL! He has started the debate of the century, but does not participate himself. He just stand beside, lobbing in some longballs every now and then from outside of the arena, just to fuel the discussions, just keeping the fire in the community burning from a safe distance. He is shooting at the entire MorphOS community with artillery from a long distance, instead of discussing the issue himself. This makes me sick!

:-x

Anyway. He speaks a lot about "true" and "untrue", but I think everyone should remember that he is only one of the parts in this dispute, he is *not at all* independent but instead *highly involved* and subjective, and his words reflects *his* position and nothing else; his position *as a stakeholder* in this, remember that! Obviously, his "truth" is not the only one around, and truths could/should be proven right or wrong pretty simple!

Well, he should have no problems then in putting forward the work he is trying to charge license fees from, and perhaps Genesi will license it for a future version of MorphOS, who knows?

But should they really do that? What is *your* opinion on that people? Here are the three most negative things I can say about MorphOS 1.4:

1. Its lack of an included, native TCP/IP stack.
    2. The poor state of Ambient; looking good but isn't really good at all in functionality. Even plain old Workbench is better.
    3. The lack of OS support for the Pegasos onboard peripherals like firewire, floppy drive, gigabit ehternets.

And if David won't agree to re-join the team and continue develop Ambient in the future, won't it become a dead end then? Wouldn't Genesi be better off to temporarily use the same old (limited by nature) Ambient v1.29 in MorphOS 1.5 too while developing another, much better alternative for "MorphOS 1.6"?

Ambient in it's current form wouldn't be a loss at all IMHO, as long as someone could come up with something at least as "bad", but hopefully better. If the Ambient author isn't able to put forward to Genesi/MorphOS team (*proving* he has not been idle, not just posting a statement on a webpage) a version of Ambient that at least beats the crap out of Workbench but preferably even some file handlers like DOpus, and is comparable to some other desktops on other OS's in some aspects, as well as an agreement to develop it even further, then I would say: DROP IT!

I am sick of this, and I am sorry to say but I am also sick of David's behaviour here. Of course I understand his point of view, he wants money and he believes that he has work to deliver that is worth his claims. But why should that be any of my business? I am just a plain MorphOS user in this community. Why should I have to care about that? This is not the way of handling things, it should be in private. This is only counter productive. For everyone. I would so much like it to stop now! :-/ :roll:
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »22.11.04 - 09:20