• Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    So from reading lots of threads this is the situation sketch:

1) Genesi has Pretory/Thendic-France to generate influx of money, but then Pretory/Thendic-France appears to be funding terrorists and it is no longer possible to do business with them.
    2) Because of that there is no money generated to pay non employees so funds must be raised.
    3) A choise is made to only keep the relevant parts of the business operational to prevent going bankrupt, all external things are on hold.
    4) Several deals fall off, but a deal is finally made with Freescale for linux boxes. Like happens often in business, this requires investment (to produce machines) but payment by Freescale is not prompt. To make the machines some money is used, a choise is made not to pay external developers.
    5) Genesi is waiting for Freescale money to generate more influx of money and to pay off developers.
    6) External workers are waiting on their money, things are promised but for strategic decisions (survival of the company) this is not paid yet.
    7) Those external workers are unhappy about the situation and want their money, they have a family to support as well and bills to pay. They have not shown CVS logs about their work though, so it is hard for Genesi to see what they have done. Also Genesi had been in survival mode, and deemed this to be a lower priority.
    8) Some comments are thrown in both directions, of course this is not a good thing. I do not believe both parties want this, so a sense of calmth would be best so the parties can still negotiate.

Resolve would be that as soon as Freescale pays Genesi, the developers of MoS show their CVS log to Genesi, get paid in part and deliver binaries, get paid in full and deliver sources as well. Both sides should drop their claims once this is done and continue working on their projects professionally and forget what has happened and make clear appointments on how things like this will go in the future, and hopefully the interest in MOS 1.5 will attract more users.

Note I am in no way affiliated with any of these people, but I read so many different threads I think it would be useful for others to have a summary. Note that most of my summary is one of statements by BBRV, I did not see many (any?) posts by the developers of MoS but tried to read between the lines.

Hope it gets resolved professionally by both parties (forget any grudges and make clear appointments), because I want a nice Pegasos 3 with a dual core freescale processor, MoS 1.5 and MUI/Ambient, not some OS4.0 thing.

[ Edited by azalin on 2004/11/21 13:24 ]
  • »21.11.04 - 12:22