• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    minator
    Quote:

The iPod might be a good example, many ppl are praising its ease of use, I personally never saw that as that big advantage (but this might be due to the fact that I *love* technical stuff). I have a simple agenda for mass market devices: When my mom can handle it instantly then it must be right

I agree, the interface is rapidly becoming the most important factor and it's the one thing many companies have a *lot* of difficulty getting right. Interface design is an art of it's own and requires a lot of thought and time (as I recently found out here).

--

One interesting thing about the iPod is the approach Apple took to doing it. They are famed for doign things themselves but neither the hardware or OS are by Apple. Apple just took a reference design, licensed a small OS and customised it - under Steve Jobs direct instruction.

That's probably the route I'd take if given the choice, Freescale have some nice reference platforms for exactly this sort of thing and plenty of OSs to pick from.
  • »02.11.04 - 14:21
    Profile Visit Website