• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Crumb
    Quote:

Which asks the question, who would buy 10000 of these boards, th this price/performance rate ?

Who knows... but the price/performance/features will be very similar to Pegasos2/G3 boards so If I was Genesi I would watch out.

Quote:

Don't forget that you are comparing an MorphOS more than 1 year old to an OS4 which still lacks lots of basics, uses to-be-replaced-code in core elements (WB for example), and is mostly only ahead in areas that were started to before (Hype)OS4 (RoadShow for example.

Yes, but other areas like the number of native components has increased a lot and now most of the stuff is running natively, including things like reaction, mui,... and every betatester has stuff like a tcp/ip stack, nice partition and recovery tools, etc... so If I was Genesi I would release a small update with some important things like 3D Radeon drivers, Altivec, tcp/ip and a deficons alike system. I wouldn't wait much because the only thing publicly known that OS4 hasn't yet in their inner circle are 3D Radeon drivers... and the next betatester update will probably leave them with a system very similar to MOS 1.4.2. If Genesi releases a small update the advantages of MOS will help to boost sales. If Genesi waits to the next OS4 update to release the next MOS update they'll be at a very similar level and they won't have to compete only in features, but in brand too :-/

So even if MOS1.5 is the nicest OS on Earth and they are improving the distributed processing features of MOS and you can write an app that can take advantage of every Peg in your network I wouldn't wait much because people is starting to feel tired of waiting.
  • »12.08.04 - 14:19
    Profile Visit Website