• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Quote:

hooligan wrote:
    In my opinion, PearPC is _NOT_ even an interesting option yet. It's unusable as it is and that will not change in next couple of years, if ever.

About the next release of MorphOS.. I think it would be best to release a small update with some critical elements stuffed in (like tcp/ip-stack, Ambient imrovements etc.) soon, call it MOS1.5 if you want. And then release the major version as 2.0 or whatever.

Waiting a year before releasing the next release will be the biggest and (and probably the last) mistake MOS devs will make.

0.02 cents delivered.

I have to agree here. If we dont get an update out BEFORE the release of the final AmigaOS4 things could look real bad for us. We had everyone that took a look at MorphOS at Amiwest go away with changed opinions of the OS and the system. If OS4 comes out and can be bought in stores it will start to get grim. We will never get the lead we have now back again. the good things we still have going for us is the lack of A1 boards now and the price for them, even the newly announced A1 micro will be in the $1000 range for a board with 128MB of RAM from resellers.

Get a small update out guys, at least the fixes you have working well now is better then nothing at all.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »04.08.04 - 11:26
    Profile Visit Website