• News Moderator
    News Moderator
    Darth_X
    Quote:

Maurix wrote:
    For me there is only one Solution,, i dont need to buy a Computer like
    Pegasos to give a chance to Company like Genesis. i could accept all of this
    problems of the last month ,,,but if nox Pegasos User have to wait for a 1.5
    Update only to have X86 User into the Ship i only can

Sell my Peg and switching to Mac Hardware ----same shity situation like
    Amiga Atari ...and Beos Years Ago .........

by by MorphOS !

This is a diffult comment to answer!

You want to sell your pegasos because:
    1) Genesi has to focus on selling Pegasos ODW workstations (running Linux) to an important corporate customer, Freescale, first? Without a good working business relationship with Freescale, Genesi are not in business!

2) MorphOS1.5 is late. If a company like Microsoft with billions of $$$ behind it can not develop windows 'Longhorn' without delays for years, how much more difficult it is for s small group of people working on MorphOS in their spare time?

3) Genesi being able to give a small demonstration of MorphOS to thousands of people by permitting MorphOS to be run in an emulator?

Why not? :-D

So you, like the rest of us 'users' have spent a little more to buy a pegasos than a PC or Mac (maybe, macs are still costly here). But if you are a developer, you have the chance to do something really 'ground breaking' on the pegasos, to make people of the world WANT to buy a pegasos and run MorphOS! :-D

A company like APPLE would not be happy to allow licensing of clones or allow people to run their operating system in emulators.. but, a company like Genesi welcomes both licensing of the Pegasos hardware to make clones AND could possibly allow for emulation of MorphOS in certain situations, perhaps even running MorphOS directly on Mac hardware. Sounds alright to me.

I consider those 3 things important factors in getting the Pegasos and MorphOS recognised in the world. :-) :-( :-D ;-) :-P :-x
    When you have eliminated all which is impossible,
    then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!!! - Sherlock Holmes
  • »04.08.04 - 05:26