• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    pixie
    Well on thing is for sure, BBRV keeps surprising us at every moment! :-D

Many things were said, and many think emulation is the evil in itself... gee! You have a computer and use it as a commodity, people doing it everyday with windows, and we all know how slow and painful it can be.

One shouldn't forget software drove hardware and hardware drove software, it's the old chicken 'n egg paradigm all over again. By providing more compelling solutions where you can run MorphOS, you're breaking it up.. it get a wider exposure in other ways otherwise it could never had, you could have one company that by 'magic' could acquire at almost 0(zero) expenses as many developer machines being those the ones they already have, and using Pegasos for testing proposes only for example...

Things can be made well... critical drivers could be made to be used like Amithlon and used natively, you would never get a 'bad impression', because: first it wouldn't be the real thing so while having the ability to test the solution presented to him he would know it could never get the performance of native. If one user sees a Photoshop beater on MorphOS running and while trough emulation it seems to run on par with t in user responsiveness, it could well buy a system where this app would run native.. on the other hand, without having seen it he would never buy it.

Amithlon has shown up that an emulated solution can be made faster then some of their compelling solutions natively (compare it with windows on the same machine), had it had one 'exclusive browser' for it and ironically it would be ahead of all other Amiga native solutions.

As for screenshots and such instead of... it's never the same thing as using and touching, there are things which an Amiga like OS does fast not only because of how the OS itself behaves but also due to how GUI manages to do it (screens, assigns, etc...).

In fact you could well one 'slow' solution running way faster then native! I do many things faster on UAE that I couldn't do on Linux natively due to this.

Are you implying that users will ditch their pc on the trashcan(tm) just for using Pegasos?? I find hard to happen until this software gap is filled... so I'm for all with BBRV on this thing!

pixie- writing from a paradise called portugal

PS- you have to run UAE in Linux, seeing is believing! ;-)
    pixie - writing from a paradise called Portugal
  • »23.07.04 - 17:31