• Just looking around
    ingoj
    Quote:

magnetic wrote:
    2. Bplan and repairs:

[...]
    B. Bplan ALWAYS fixes boards and are very good reliable people. (see 1 above) but it is only a handful of people and these things take time. Keep in mind they are right in the middle of a major (and most important to date) order with Freescale/Motorola

True, but when I ask them, what's the status or when will it be ready, then I expect answers on which I can rely. This hasn't been the case so far.

Quote:

3. Pegasos2 Seg Faults/ Ram problems:

In some configurations with more than 512mb ram and 2 sticks you get random crashes and seg faults but this is fixed with upcoming OF update.

I have built and run many Pegasos 2 boxes and used ram from Infineon, PNY, Corsair, Samsung (the best imo) and more and they all have worked great and reliably.

I run 2.6.6 kernel here daily and as my main box, i've had uptimes of two weeks and more!

Yeah, I have heard of such uptimes from svenl as well and that's one of the reasons why I believe that my board is what we call a "Montags-Board" in German.
    Nevertheless I wanted to buy a (stable) working board which I currently doesn't have, despite of how much memory I use (512M or just 256M) or from which manufacturer.
    There's no difference as well which kernel I use... as well 2.4.x panics as 2.6.1 to 2.6.7 did and does, again it doesn't matter if those are precompiled by Sven or self-compiled by me.

We'll see if that upcoming update will turn my peg2 into a stable machine... ;)

regards,
    ij
  • »23.07.04 - 09:15