• Just looking around
    ingoj
    Quote:

guruman wrote:
    Quote:

Framiga wrote:
    Say goodbye to your Peg2 board!

To the others Peg2 owners . . . PRAY that they never need to be repaired . . . .as already said, the company name is different . . .not the habit.

Good luck anyway

Sorry, Framiga, if you like to troll, do it the right way. Which part of
    Quote:

it lasted 4 weeks

you did not understand? Let me explain it to you: after 4 weeks Ingo got the Pegasos back. He is still waiting for the FirmWare upgrade (but SW development takes time, as you should know), but his Pegasos is not MIA. For your information, there have already been some Pegasos users who had to return their board, but all have been successfully repaired/replaced. Your problems with DCE are totally irrelevat, bPlan is behaving nicely to date.
    So, try to read and understand what you are quoting, before making such accusations...

And as usual, with every trollish comment you write here, I have to advice everybody to get back on topic; it is also more interesting, BTW.

Kind regards,
    Andrea

Well, fact is, tk@bplan ensured me I will get back a working peg2 board within two weeks. After 3 weeks I gave them a phone call asking about the status. It has been told to me, that the firmware update will arrive "tomorrow" and my board will get send back to me the day after that. A week later I was calling again, still asking where my board is and what's happening. I needed that board to reinstall some SGIs for Debian Developers (namely Matthias Klose doing some gcc porting work for mips), because the peg2 is my SOHO server.
    Anyway, I was told that there were some more fixes, but the firmware update will arrive by the end of that week or maybe the beginning of that coming week. So, I told them I need my board back for doing work (s.a.) and they should sent it back to me by the beginning of that next week, nevertheless if the update arrives in time or not. Firmware updating is not that big problem, when nothing else needs to be done (like exchanging hardware).
    So I got my peg2 board back. That was two weeks ago and yet still no firmware update around, although it has been told to me that it will be there "in the next few days".
    The latest information I got was from Vesalia telling me, that the firmware update will be made available on 28.7., but the guys at bplan are currently not reachable. . o O ( uh? maybe holiday time... )

We'll see if bplan/Vesalia/whoever is holding promises or fooling around, if the update is available or not on the 28.7.

regards,
    ij
  • »23.07.04 - 09:04