• Just looking around
    ingoj
    Quote:

Framiga wrote:
    Quote:

already got exactly the SAME answers (since 3 years in our case), by DCE (the manufacturer).

Say goodbye to your Peg2 board!

To the others Peg2 owners . . . PRAY that they never need to be repaired . . . .as already said, the company name is different . . .not the habit.

Good luck anyway

Well, it's quite easy as this:
    I bought a product and this product isn't fulfilling it's specification it was advertised for, therefore it is broken and thus I can request repair and/or money back and compensation to get that product I originally intended to buy, but which was not delivered to me.

I wanted to have a PowerPC machine with low power consumption, PCI, network and usual stuff that primarily runs Linux, but I also wanted to have a look at MOS.
    So, I can retire from my buying contract of that peg2 and can compensate with any machine that fits the above description and the dealer (in this case Vesalia (poor guys because that's not their fault, they just sell that stuff for others)) has to compensate me for those extra costs, incl. telephone costs, p+p costs, extra hardware costs.

German law is great, isn't it?! :-)

The bad thing about this is, that I basically like the pegasos idea, but I can't recommend it to others anymore, when the firmware upgrade won't fix my problems. Bplan & Co won't win friends (and customers) with broken hardware, no matter if MOS is sold separately or not.

Maybe it's just a board manufactured on monday....
    Alas, new firmware shall be available on 28.7., as it was told to me by Vesalia. So, I will keep on kernel panicing until then and see if the update fixes my problems and if not, I'll send my board back and request a different board for it. If that fails as well, I'll go for money back and compensation...

regards,
    ij
  • »23.07.04 - 08:46