• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    the emu thing scares me but i think it will never happen....i say this not to start trouble but this is what i have observed and this is something that scares me and is one reason i want to see this platform mature more before i buy.
    genesi says "hey lets do this!" and has some idea that comes up in the forums and everyone talkes abtou and then dies, gladiotor game (i have heard no news of) the guardian (complications arose) pegasos game console (cool idea in theory but would never get a market share, unless it has native suport for dreamcast games licenced from sega directly) pegasos media station (dont know the status of this one) and there have been a few others i believe but i have forgotten them as they fadded quickly (or that may have been alll of them and there are no more i am not sure so dont hold me to it) now i want to see a set path, a paved street, a clear direction. from what i have seem MOS is good solid stuff, what needs to happen is better marketing, more development on the OS, and more advances CPU (though that will evolve as is needed and for now this is not needed at all it seems, hopefully the new peg 2 boards with the upgraded G4 and G3 cards wil give the little needed boost on the linux and MOS side). things genesi has going for them are the ability to make friends in the computing industry (IBM, freescale, QNX software systems (witch is really a good partner) and HP, even though i hate HP and am in a small legal battle with them). other plusses are a nice advanced OS that is "better" than its direct "compeditor" and the fact that BBRV seem like good people.

what i think is genesi needs to sit down and come up with a good marketing strategy that involes people interfacing with the actual OS and actual hardware noe emulation. we need to promote and we need heavy active development. genesi has mentioned "big suprises" well i think now might be a good time to come out with 1 or 2 of them as some are starting to loose faith, I myself being one of them. this is what I think. now tell me what you think.
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »23.07.04 - 07:08
    Profile Visit Website