• Just looking around
    fprowse
    BBRV - this sounds great and is will be a good step towards getting some visibility of Morphos.

When running MorphOS hosted under PearPC is this going to be transparent to the end user? (the fact that PearPC is underneath) The last thing we need to have is a very ugly startup procedure.

Given that PearPC is a PowerPC emulator running on top of X86 processors, you should ensure that performance isn't hampered "too" much. Obviously there is going to be some penality. I'd imagine that porting MorphOS to X86 or evening changing the JIT emulator to support X86 would take way to much work. (And would start to look like Amilthon)

What version of Morphos is being distributed? I would hope that what ever version would be as complete as possible. You would need to have a tcp stack integrated (morphos 1.5) to show off any networking capibility in the system.

As a side effect of this potential release, any version that worked under PearPC "should" work under MOL and on Mac hardware. Given that PearPC is able to boot OSX.

Just my initial thoughts......

(roll on Morphos1.5 I say!)

Cheers

Francois

:-)
  • »20.07.04 - 02:53
    Profile Visit Website