File Requestor Window problem
  • Just looking around
    Arghhhhh! Someone please help before my head explodes.

About 3 months ago I installed the latest nightly build of Ambient Desktop, and I also installed MUI Alpha 4. Since then whenever I run a program which opens a file requestor everything is fine, unless I wish to choose a file residing on another device. When I do this it says "Application Meditating" etc etc and I have to reboot. For instance. I might run MPlayer, it will pop up a file requestor window. Then I click on the root button, or parent back to see a list of my available devices, choose "Video Applications:" (which is a HD with all of my video files on it. The window crashes - Application is Meditating etc.... I am going insane!!!

I have tried fiddling with the MUI and Ambient settings but nothing seems to help.

Please please please help.... :(
  • »08.04.07 - 03:04
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    analogkid
    Have you installed a z.library? if yes, delete it. It isn't compatible with the MUI-ASL Requester.
  • »08.04.07 - 05:27
  • Just looking around
    THanks for the reply. Erm, I cannot remember installing a z.library... actually, to be honest I have no idea what that is, where it is and how to check for it.... is it in sys:libs?
  • »08.04.07 - 09:46
  • Just looking around
    Hey there. I found it in sys:libs/ deleted, rebooted and... problem is gone!!!

Thanks Analogkid!!! But, how did you know? Was this a common problem when MUI 4 Alpha first came out?
  • »08.04.07 - 10:04
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    analogkid
    Yes, it was a common problem when the first MUI4 versions appeared.
  • »08.04.07 - 10:16