• Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Quote:

docgeddy wrote:
    I can't get it working. I unpack your archive, copy the files from the wargus CVS archive in the data.wc2 folder, extract with the wargus util the necessary files, and copy them to data.wc2, too. But when I start stratagus via your start script, some files couldn't be found, because they aren't there. Is there a need to use wc2.lua ?

I'll give you and others a one time explaination how this works.

a) Please update Stratagus from my Web page because I updated it (Which I plan to do every now and then).
    b) Unpack it to some location on your harddisk.
    c) Grab Wargus from CVS (Note CVS and NOT released Tarball).
    d) Change into the Wargus directory and enter 'make' (Do it on any Linux machine. Be it Pegasos or Intel). This will build Wartool.
    e) Now put your legal obtained Warcraft II CD into the cdrom or dvd device and mount it.
    f) Enter './build.sh' inside the Wargus directory and it will start extracting the data from your Warcraft II CD.
    g) When you look in your Wargus directory you discover that a new directory named 'data.wc2' has been created.
    h) Please tar (TAR) this directory up and sent it over to your Pegasos and MorphOS.
    i) Untar the data somewhere in ram: or on your harddisk.
    j) Replace the 'data.wc2' directory of the Stratagus lzx file you grabbed from my Web page with the one you just untarred.
    k) Change into the Stratagus directory.
    l) Enter 'execute start' to start the game.

Tips:

Please change into 800x600 (or higher resolution) and switch from Window to Fullscreen mode and then exit the game. After exit reload with 'execute start' and the colors will show up correctly. This is a bug in SDL and hopefully will get fixed one day.

In case you run in further problems please ask someone who got everything running to help you.

greetings,

oGALAXYo
  • »26.04.04 - 22:59
    Profile Visit Website