• Just looking around
    Sven
    Hello.

The pegxlin kernel doesn't know about the pegasos II, which is quite normal, since it was released in august 2003.

There are 3 solutions :

1) install pegxlin on a pegasos 1, upgrade the kernel with a pegasos 2 aware kernel, and move the disk to the pegasos 2 box.

2) use one of the pegxlin/debian images of the image installer team (you need to buy their CD/DVD though, i especially recomend the DVD with all 5 images on it).

3) use Debian-installer to do a real installation of Debian GNU/Linux. This would need you to go through the hassles of the installation and setup though. But at least the initial setup is easy enough. I will post more info in the PLC user-forum on monday.

Notice also that the canonical place to ask for such questions is the PLC user-forum, which is both a web based and email based forum, and i respond on most those issues, without needing to be pointed to them.

The PLC can be found at : http://linux.pegasosppc.com Register, and then once accepted go to the MyPLc tab to chose the mailing lists which interest you (user-forum and news are the main ones).

Friendly,

Sven Luther
  • »16.04.04 - 08:27