Miky060
    Hi takemehomegrandma,

> Hmm, I recall that I read somewhere that Elena run Workbench3.1 instead of Ambient?

Elena uses Workbench 3.9 (and only it, not AmigaOS, but only Workbench instead of Ambient). Why? Because Ambient is still less powerfull and configurable than Workbench (it's enough to think at the Deficons iussue..). Many people like me uses Opus Magellan instead.

> I could be wrong about that, thoguh. That is of course unsupported and would probably require som "hacks" and is perhaps not very easey for a beginner.

I used it for a while in the past and it works perfectly stable (and really fast), moreover now with PowerIcons you can also continue to use 24bit PNG icons. It's not so hard to installa and use Workbench, on elena site there is a guide that teach you to do it.

Obviously this is not an 'official' solution neighter the right way to have a decent desktop. MOS team should give us a modern and powerfull desktop, at least at Workbench or better Magellan levels and we all hope this will happen not too far in the future. If many people still uses Magellan or the Workbench instead of Ambient this means that that day is still not arrived.

PegasosII "Elite" Machine --> PowerMac MDD "popular" Machine --> MacMini 1.5 "still more popular" Machine
  • »23.03.04 - 21:31
    Profile Visit Website