• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    Quote:

discreetfx wrote:
    It would be nice if A-EON or someone else created a 3D Animation program for MorphOS. MorphOS is a great operating system but needs more native applications. It’s great to see the progress on a nice web browser and email client. At least MOS does have some nice native apps, just not enough.

MorphOS has a really decent app set. Iris, Wayfarer, PolyOrganizer, Pagestream, all all the native apps are really very mature apps that don't (save PS) have a counterpart on any other Amiga(like) system. They are very productive programs and each will continue to receive updates this year adding features and functionality. Not to mention the OS is much further developed than anything else. To your point a decent word processor and spreadsheet would be welcome for me, but Final Writer and TurboCalc can fill the space in the meantime.

So MorphOS is the exact opposite of other systems, in my mind is good enough to think about a major hardware switch, since you almost don't need Amiga 68k compatibility anymore. This is the exact opposite of everything else where you don't have much for productivity and either use a 30 year old program or rabbit hole to linux/windows and are running on "newer" hardware.

MorphOS has always been about the software and app experience, in my mind was the best way to go.

[ Edited by matt3 14.03.2024 - 05:59 ]
  • »14.03.24 - 11:58