• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Hmm.. I've always been using FinalWriter 97 successfully on MorphOS, it's actually been my main word processor when I have to write a page to print quickly.

I remember that you get wrong colors easily (black or grey bg color), but the program has still worked nevertheless. I've had my config with correct colors (white paper) for years and haven't had need to touch it because it works :) Now that I check it, it's a bit weird.. Preferences -> Startup shows "Open new screen", "8bit 1280x1024", "256 colors", but it still opens to my monitor's native resolution (1920x1080) for some reason... well.. can't complain because it's good for me :)

Well, that said, I tried to remove the FWFiles/FW.Prefs from use now, and started the program. It gives me the screenmode requester and all 8bit modes seem to give the correct colors, but "Use Workbench" or higher color depth screens give wrong colors. So I'd say it's just about using 8 bit screens, and if that gives difficulties, remove the old config file and try again.

About window shows that I have Final Writer 97 '030 (Mar 7 1997). So it's 68030 version if that matters... filesize is 1128484 bytes.
  • »04.08.19 - 09:40
    Profile Visit Website