• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Hi All, I recently got an A1200 and acquired a 68060/PPC603 + BVision card. MorphOS 1.4.5 can run on it.
    My questions:
    - can I use my Morphos 3.11 key for 1.4.5?

No, MOS_Key is bound to hardware. But afaik MOS 1.4.5 was free....?!?

One reason I consider MorphOS is because it runs with the BVision card natively, which is good because I don't want to keep the old monitor around. What really intrigues me: does MorphOS 1.4.5 have support for native Amiga games, like an integrated UAE?

No, there is no built-in UAE - you have to install it as 3rd-party.
    There are cerain tools to integrate it into Ambient filetype-system - so it "looks like" running directly in MOS.

And how is the performance? Can it natively run Eagleplayer for example and play MP3 or does that need to be done inside the amiga emulator.

Your hardware is'nt very powerfull - don't expect to much.
    There are better MP3-players than Eagleplayer (won't use that really) - use Kaya or somethimng else from here ( http://www.morphos-storage.net/index.php?all=1 ) instead.

So, would I be able to use MorphOS as a integrated replacement for Amiga OS 3.1, 3.5 and 3.9. These versions are complex patchworks of patch on patch on patch to make everything work. Stability: good luck :)

MOS is API-compatible to AOS3.1 - the rest is completly new and stable. Most of system-conform programmed software (which uses no custom-chips) is running very good (thanks to build-in 68K-JIT named Trance) - eg. FinalWriter, Pagestream, ImageFX, and so on...

And yes, it's a bit different, but it has the Amiga-feeling!

Let's say: Not the original - but better!

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 12.02.2019 - 20:28 ]
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »12.02.19 - 19:24