• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    Quote:

jPV wrote:
    On my Powerbook (5,9) if I press "rcommand n" I get a new shell window, and if I press "lcommand n" it brings the Ambient screen to front. This is the same on Mac mini with PC keyboard etc and is the expected behaviour generally.

Maybe you have some older Powerbook which has an ADB controlled internal keyboard? Those ADB keyboards don't make difference between left and right command keys and that brings some issues to usage. If you define a keyboard shortcut by using the "Sample" feature in IControl, do you get the same command key as a result from both sides?

With ADB keyboards you have to make your own configurations for what you need, because defaults don't work that well or get overlapped functionality. We can't do anything else for it, because it's a hardware issue caused by Apple :)

You are right, it was just me drawing hasty conclusions here. rcommand does indeed work for me as well.
    I just asumed lcommand was the one to use, since all the other menu items did work with lcommand, expect for the New Shell.
  • »05.06.18 - 21:20