• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    @jPV & @Andreas_Wolf

It took me a while to figure out how I am supposed to install DOpus from the dms on the sourceforge but finally I used xdms, mount the extracted adfs via FileImageCtrl and used the new Installer from Aminet to launch the scripts. The Installer of MagellanII worked ok but the 5.81-82 lha updates could not locate my Dopus drawer. Manually copying the files after extraction did the trick. Perhaps a reboot between the installation process was required, I dunno. Still, a 5 lines installation readme would be helpful :P

Well, the updates need DOpus5: assign and if you didn't have even that... reboot would have set it at least :)

Do you mean you copied those 5.81 and 5.82 files from kas1e's archive or where? Because those actual updates can't be copied directly... unless you manually patched each file (which isn't just copying).

Quote:

Anyway, I downloaded also kas1e file and it seems to be what I was originally looking for. So now I have them both. 68k DOpus uses the old black and white icons and suffers from the shitty icon (I know jPV's mentions how to get rid of it though) from what I could see after a first glance. Does it worth to mess around with DOpus plus CD? Does it have themes and newer icons (so as to look at least partially coherent with Ambient)? Also, which add - ons would you recommend? Is it possible to have add-on incompatibility?

I don't think plus CD had that much more modern looking stuff. I actually haven't used much stuff from it. Try to look Aminet for newer icons etc.

I'm using OpusGIbar icons for toolbars (GlowIcon style).

And for Startmenus I ripped & scaled down standard MorphOS icons and tidyed them pixel by pixel in PPaint :)

If you mean by "shitty icon" that iconify gadget, my guide seems to have dead link for the patch for it, but the same patch can be found inside the D2A archive too.

Quote:

Btw, Magellambient doesn't work when put inside WBStartUp (it loads DOpus on its own screen etc). If clicked manually it works ok after Ambient loads it's ok. I will further investigate it though.

When Magellambient has opened it on its own screen, look at the "Backdrop" setting from the main Opus menu. Disable it if it was enabled and select Settings -> Save Layout. Then open Settings -> Environment -> Display and select "Workbench: Use" and click Save. Maybe it would work after that.
  • »27.02.15 - 13:22
    Profile Visit Website