• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    CountRaven
    Hello there people. I have a weird little problem on my PowerMac G5

I install latest 3.5.1.

Two partitions 1 boot partition: DH0 (HFS), 1 System Partition DH1 (SFS)

Everything installs and works perfectly except the booting process.

When I boot the system as is, it would boot but it would complain about old boot.img file. I formated everything before I install from a fresh CD, so NO old boot.img files anywehre!

Pressing alt I wold get on the boot select screen two hard disk icons with butterflies. I guess those are the partitions I created. The right one is grayed by default and booting from this one I get the old boot.img error.

Now, IF I select the left hard disk icon, the system would boot ok.

I tried various settings on HDConfig with bootable and not bootable partitions and boot priorities: same symptoms.

Now my DH0 partition is not set to bootable -I remember I was leave it no bootable, when I created other partition setups for multiboot-, yes this is the boot partition in HFS format.

My system partition DH1 (SFS) has been set to bootable with boot priority 1.

I even copied boot.img in both partitions but no success.

First of all what the hell is this old boot.img error? My hard disk is totally empty.

Is there any way to get rid of this problem and boot my machine to MorphOS without the need of manual boot pressing alt?

Thanks for your tips guys!
  • »21.06.14 - 07:36
    Profile Visit Website