MorphOS counter.
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Just use google and type in morphos counter. You will find it.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »13.06.13 - 00:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    koszer,
    Quote:

Ehm... One of you, guys, must be wrong. #1912 on June 11th and #1900 on 12th? But maybe the payment was made a few days after receiving the link?

I'm #1900.
  • »13.06.13 - 00:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

Anyway, where can I see that stat graph

A couple of times on previous page of the thread, or here:

PNG and PDF
  • »13.06.13 - 10:53
    hooligan
    The amount of registerations after the latest release is kinda sad to watch... thats like.. nothing :roll:

Seems we have pretty much peaked whats there to peak.
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »13.06.13 - 13:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    hooligan,
    Quote:

Indeed rather disappointing. I had thought the 2000 mark would have been taken within a few days after release - G5s, more laptops.... But then again most MorphOS folks are probably like myself: satisfied with their already registered kit.
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »13.06.13 - 23:23
    Profile Visit Website
    Kronos
    I don't see what is supposed to be "sad" here ?

The graph more or less contiunes it's upwards trend and this release gave no reason for a spike like when Minis or PBs were added.
  • »14.06.13 - 12:37
  • MorphOS Developer
    Krashan
    @hooligan

Seems you concentrate on this graph too much. Note that it only shows number of licenses, while "community health" depends on number of active (and new) users. While previously progress was generated by making new hardware available, now it only may be driven by maturing the software part and adding new features (also new applications).
  • »14.06.13 - 13:11
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    @Kronos
    Quote:

The graph more or less contiunes it's upwards trend and this release gave no reason for a spike like when Minis or PBs were added.

IMO a handful of new licenses after a long waited release adding more choices for users was a bit surprising. Doubt anyone can deny this.

@Krashan
    Quote:

Seems you concentrate on this graph too much. Note that it only shows number of licenses, while "community health" depends on number of active (and new) users.

Since this thread is about this graph and licenses sold, yes, yes I was concentrating on the graph :)
    Does not take the fact away that the peak has been pretty much reached for now.
  • »14.06.13 - 13:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Hey I swore back when it would have cost me $222 to register for my PEgasos that I was done and sold my peg2 back to Genesi. Look at me now with a new MDD and a paid license. The team is doing good work and the graph shows that people are still paying to get it licensed. I know several that have still been using the demo.

I even made a bunch of iso disks and gave them to the two used Apple shops in my area, and they are all gone now. So that was 100 disks that got taken to be looked at.
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »14.06.13 - 16:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    SteveE617
    I plan on registering very soon as well.

Acill: I would give out a bunch of iso disk to our local Mac store in Tulsa, but they have all but dumped everything if it has a PowerPC processor in it. It's all Intel these days in there and if you walk in asking about G4 or G5 stuff, they look at you like your crazy.

If you look a the map of MOS users...I'm the only one in Oklahoma!

[ Edited by SteveE617 14.06.2013 - 11:10 ]
    Steve E, BSOE, MIS
    PowerMac G5 | Dual 2.0 Ghz | 2 GB | 32GB CF | 9800XT
    AmigaOne x5000 | 8 GB | 1TB | Radeon 7770HD
  • »14.06.13 - 17:09
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    I dont think to many are in Arizona here with me. We did have a lrge Amiga user base at one time though.
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
  • »14.06.13 - 17:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Derringer
    I think the trend is most of us have multiple MOS capable device. Me too. For example i have Powerbook, and registered. The release of 3.2 is completly surprise for me. I waited this to happen in february, march, but in the past weeks i thought it will be happen late summer only. So meanwhile i get a powermac with dual 2,7GHz cpus. Of course it is suffering from minor leaking problems, so i decided to give it a massive repairing process, not just to replace the O-rings. I thought i have time... So while i not to repair it i cannot even register it.

Also with this release i still shocked the new opportunities for my PB.

Anyway the MOS team decided to there will be no release times, this way is good for programming, because you haven't got any deadline, you don't need to release a buggy or not working Operating system like ms and apple do it before. But as from "marketing" sperpective it is bad, the userbase can't get ready for the new version at time.
    MorphOS PowerBook G4 1,67GHz, 2GB Ram, 250GBHdd, ATI 9700/128MB
    Morphos G5 2,7GHz, 8GB Ram, 500GB Hdd, ATi Passive cooled 9800 PRO/128MB
  • »14.06.13 - 17:54
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

hooligan wrote:
    The amount of registrations after the latest release is kinda sad to watch... thats like.. nothing :roll:

The graph seems to be getting steeper with each new release, so I don't know what you are complaining about.

I also agree with others that it is too soon to gauge how successful MorphOS3.2 will be, because it takes time to find and fix up a G5 PowerMac tower, specially if the user is smart and decides to rebuild/repair the liquid cooling system on the few fastest models that are supported.

I have not yet registered a license for my own dual 2.7GHz G5 PowerMac, but plan to do so within the next few weeks. Perhaps there are other existing MorphOS users who are planning the same as myself.

I believe that we will continue to see more and more existing and former Amiga users make the switch to using MorphOS3.x on a G4, or G5 Mac computer. MorphOS3.x continues to improve greatly with each new release, and it is stable and full featured enough for many to use as their primary computer in it's current state, unless they use computers primarily for modern games, then they must use a PC for their primary computer.

The future of MorphOS looks good in my opinion, and I think we will now see an increase in software written for, or ported to MorphOS3.x. Maybe not a large increase, but any increase in software development/porting, will be a welcome addition.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »14.06.13 - 20:33
    hooligan
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    The graph seems to be getting steeper with each new release, so I don't know what you are complaining about.

First of all I am not complaining, nor I care. My investment into coming back to MorphOS was pretty miniscule, 250 euros or so, I couldn't care less if it all ended tomorrow. I Was just saying 20 new registrations a few weeks after a long waited release was surprising as I was expecting a whole lot more. The product is good and deserves so much more.

Of course we can bury our heads into sand and believe everything is fabulous around us. Has worked with Amigans a loooong time :)
  • »14.06.13 - 21:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    The counter is going up and thats all that matters. One thing that has bothered me for so many years is how split up we all are these days still. I really had hope that the OS4 and MOS groups would have merged together. Think of where that number would be now if we had a unified OS.
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
  • »15.06.13 - 02:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Quote:

Acill wrote:
    The counter is going up and thats all that matters. One thing that has bothered me for so many years is how split up we all are these days still. I really had hope that the OS4 and MOS groups would have merged together. Think of where that number would be now if we had a unified OS.

Hi Acill and welcome back!

I still think eventually one has to decide to market outside of the existing community. More users without the division? Perhaps, but the wall would still be hit imo.

• »15.06.13 - 19:38
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

Acill wrote:

What does OS4 have to offer that MorphOS needs?

It's not even source compatible with OS3 let alone with MorphOS and the only "benefit" it provides is a tainted trademark that is the laughing stock of the IT world.
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

2.7GHz DP G5, 4GB RAM, 512MB Radeon X1950 Pro, 500GB SSHD, MorphOS 3.9
  • »15.06.13 - 22:58
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Intuition,
    Quote:

It's not even source compatible with OS3 let alone with MorphOS and the only "benefit" it provides is a tainted trademark that is the laughing stock of the IT world.

That may be true, but the developers, hardware and user base are all about the same in numbers as MOS. Were lucky that a lot of them are putting things out for both of us, but we have far to many that dont. I dont want to get this thread to off the point of being a MOS registration numbers thread, but Im just saying that bringing us all together would do much more for growth then we have now.
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
  • »15.06.13 - 23:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Intuition,
    Quote:

Well, the legal right to incorporate all of 3.1 into the product doesn't hurt.
    But you are never going to see our developers handing their work over to Hyperion.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »16.06.13 - 17:53
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Intuition,
    Quote:

Well, the legal right to incorporate all of 3.1 into the product doesn't hurt.
    But you are never going to see our developers handing their work over to Hyperion.

What's in 3.1 that MorphOS would need?

I can only think of AREXX and that was illegally incorporated into 3.1 without the permission of the author. ;)
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

• »16.06.13 - 18:09
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Yes, that's one thing we don't have duplicated.
    Other then that, the only benefit I can see is easier incorporation of complete backward compatibility.
    And we've already discussed potentially dropping backward compatibility.
  • »16.06.13 - 18:58
  • MorphOS Developer
    Krashan
    Can you please keep this thread on topic?
  • »16.06.13 - 19:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Good point.
    I will be adding one more license by the end of the week (if the server is up).
    So we will have a current count soon.
  • »16.06.13 - 19:35
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

Krashan wrote:
    Can you please keep this thread on topic?

Sorry.

I'll probably register another copy for on of my PowerMac G4's in a couple of weeks, so that'll increase the counter by one. :)

• »16.06.13 - 22:31
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    #1923 for my G5 :-)
  • »21.06.13 - 01:31