Expanded icon set
  • k8o
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    k8o
    Hi all,

I really like the "PatIcons" set designed by Patrick "Patbest" Jung.
    But I found a need for new icons to suite my needs for both drives and folders.
    And as I currently use the PatIcon set I decided to begin expanding it further using its style as the base theme. You can see an early preview here:

Xs1ZDTF.jpg

There's still alot more icons to make but i'll upload it when i'm finished, any ideas or requests are welcome, thanks.
  • »27.06.13 - 07:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    I'm actually doing the same (but with someone elses icons so it's not perfect).

Here's a preview from me:

13666_1.jpeg
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »27.06.13 - 11:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • k8o
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    k8o
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:

13666_1.jpeg

Nice Yasu! That's the "Gant" set if i'm not mistaken?
  • »27.06.13 - 13:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    SteveE617
    k8o

nice icon set, I can't wait to try them out. Very well done!!
    Steve E, BSOE, MIS
    PowerMac G5 | Dual 2.0 Ghz | 2 GB | 32GB CF | 9800XT
    AmigaOne x5000 | 8 GB | 1TB | Radeon 7770HD
  • »27.06.13 - 15:12
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

k8o wrote:
    Hi all,

I really like the "PatIcons" set designed by Patrick "Patbest" Jung.
    But I found a need for new icons to suite my needs for both drives and folders.
    And as I currently use the PatIcon set I decided to begin expanding it further using its style as the base theme. You can see an early preview here:

Xs1ZDTF.jpg

There's still alot more icons to make but i'll upload it when i'm finished, any ideas or requests are welcome, thanks.

Very nice indeed. :)

Call me old-fashioned but I use Ken's Icons on my 68k machines, my MorphOS machines and my KDE/Linux boxes too.

http://www.five-star.com/icons.htm
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

2.7GHz DP G5, 4GB RAM, 512MB Radeon X1950 Pro, 500GB SSHD, MorphOS 3.9
  • »27.06.13 - 16:01
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    connor
    I am a big fan of double state icons, especially those from Mason: http://www.masonicons.de . He painted a huge amount of them not only for OS3 and OS4 but also for MOS and AROS usable. Ken added a lot of good icons, too. It's a pity that Ambient comes only with one state icons and has problems to read some of the double state ones and just displays wrong colours and garbage graphics.
  • »27.06.13 - 19:08
  • k8o
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    k8o
    those masonicons are very nice, especially nice are the tools and applications icons, some of the device icons are nice too. i don't like the drawer and drive icons though, but that's just personal preference.

his work is very inspiring though and he is very talented, i also wonder if morphos will get 2-state icons some time, i don't see it as a high priority though.
  • »27.06.13 - 19:38
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

k8o wrote:
    those masonicons are very nice, especially nice are the tools and applications icons, some of the device icons are nice too. i don't like the drawer and drive icons though, but that's just personal preference.

his work is very inspiring though and he is very talented, i also wonder if morphos will get 2-state icons some time, i don't see it as a high priority though.

MorphOS already supports two-state icons, Ken's icons are two state and work fine on my MOS3.2 machines.
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

• »27.06.13 - 20:20
  • k8o
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    k8o
    Quote:

Intuition wrote:
    Quote:

k8o wrote:

MorphOS already supports two-state icons, Ken's icons are two state and work fine on my MOS3.2 machines.

Oh I was totally unaware of that! Awesomeness indeed! I will have to experiment with 2-state icons as well now :)
  • »27.06.13 - 20:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    k8o:

Yep :) It's not complete regarding to MorphOS, but I've covered every def_icon with the existing sets. If someone else wants them that is.
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »27.06.13 - 21:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • k8o
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    k8o
    Hi all,

So since i'm really busy with uni work for another month or so I thought i'd release the pack I have now, as i'm sure some of you might find these icons useful...

I made (re-made) a lot of Game icons as the ones we have or default ones are really poor imo, and i like to keep some consistencey..

The main reason for this pack was for me to have new drive icons for all the samba shares ive been connecting, and they look and work great. Theyre all in here too.. I will make a much bigger update after all my work is done.

For now i've uploaded them to aminet and morphosfiles, probably take a couple days to appear there, but you can get them directly here for now:

ftp://ftp.untergrund.net/users/keito/morphos/k8o_IconPack-1.lha

here is a small preview:

vnujalq.png

[ Edited by k8o 10.08.2013 - 19:05 ]
  • »10.08.13 - 19:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Very nice, I use mostly Ken's icons but i've just used a couple of your drive icons as they look nicer. :)

• »10.08.13 - 20:30
  • k8o
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    k8o
    Intuition,
    Quote:

Glad you like them Intuition, it's nice to know some of them are being used so thanks for the reply :)
  • »10.08.13 - 20:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    stefkos
    I will use some of them too.
    Good work and waiting for more:)

Quote:

k8o wrote:
    Intuition,
    Quote:

Glad you like them Intuition, it's nice to know some of them are being used so thanks for the reply :)
  • »11.08.13 - 14:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • k8o
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    k8o
    @Papiosaur - of course you can use them, feel free, glad u like them :)
  • »11.08.13 - 16:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Tcheko
    @k8o

Can you add a default folder icon without any decoration over in the icon set?

Thx. :)
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
    I need to practice my Kung Fu.
  • »11.08.13 - 16:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • k8o
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    k8o
    Tcheko,
    Quote:

@k8o

Can you add a default folder icon without any decoration over in the icon set?

Sure here it is:

folder.info

Note that this folder icon is originaly from the "PatIcons" set designed by Patrick "Patbest" Jung.
  • »11.08.13 - 17:46
    Profile Visit Website
  • k8o
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    k8o
    Papiosaur,
    Quote:

Can you add too default disk icon for set-1 & set-2 without any decoration over in the icon set ?

Sure, sorry for my slow response, been doing homework :)

You can download plain drive icons for each set here:

disk1.info

disk2.info
  • »14.08.13 - 18:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • k8o
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    k8o
    Hi everyone, I dug up this old(ish) thread as I did not see any point starting a new one as my post is directly relevant. I'll cut to the chase now, I have worked on a few more icons themed on my original set, so you could call it an expansion pack if you like :)

I'll post a preview here and also a link to the download, but it should be apeearing on morphfiles and aminet shorty. Next time I will move onto application icons and maybe some devices too. Best wishes, Keito.

Download: k8o Icon Pack 3

Preview: cm2zyVD.png

[ Edited by k8o 20.05.2015 - 19:57 ]
  • »20.05.15 - 20:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Toto
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:

13666_1.jpeg

Wow, I did convert that ancient Gnome icon theme for my Pegasos 2 and A4000 ten years ago. I wouldn't touch it with a ten feet pole nowadays.

amiga.jpg
    eZ-flat.png

Damn, that's old skool ;P

[ Edited by Toto 20.05.2015 - 22:47 ]
  • »20.05.15 - 22:19
  • k8o
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    k8o
    Quote:

Toto wrote:
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:

13666_1.jpeg

Wow, I did convert that ancient Gnome icon theme for my Pegasos 2 and A4000 ten years ago. I wouldn't touch it with a ten feet pole nowadays.

amiga.jpg
    eZ-flat.png

Damn, that's old skool ;P

Oh i see you were quoting 2 different ppl, confused me for a minute, well thatnks for your feedback.

Thank you.
    Keito.

[ Edited by k8o 20.05.2015 - 22:01 ]
  • »20.05.15 - 23:00
    Profile Visit Website