I want B.A.S.I.C. in Native PPC
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    ple3003
    A real shame blitz plus isn't being developed for Morphos. And those of you thinking I could teach myself c++ in 30 days please don't bother responding in this thread because I will just go: -"no, i actually have got other things to do with my time than.... bla bla bla". But occasionally i get an hour or so of spare time to waste as i please, and that's when i like to code some neat little program of my own. (which i cando in less than days with basic. sure compiled sources from basic structure is bloated and boring, but i leave machine coding to the professionals because it's not like i'm going to spread my exe:s around. As i said, it's for myself)
    So whats going on in basic world?
    I eat people like you for breakfast ;-)
  • »08.08.03 - 00:37
  • Targhan
    I wonder if Dietmar's Basic project could be ported? :-)

Seriously, I would like to see a form of basic come on over to MorphOS.
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »08.08.03 - 00:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    ple3003
    Those were the days when basic was kind of standard. like with the C64/128. How fun wasn't that! :) They even threw in AmigaBasic in the workbench suite for a start. Don't know when they removed it, but i guess it was no loss because it was KIND of crappy. Anyway Amos saved my life.
    I eat people like you for breakfast ;-)
  • »08.08.03 - 00:52
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Have you checked out PowerD, it's PPC native- I don't know if it has enough add-on modules for you, but it's very good otherwise.

There Mattahtias BASIC which is in Alpha state-
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/mattathias/
    http://www.liquido2.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB_14&file=index&action=viewforum&forum=6

The Blitz 68k exes will still run very fast on a Peg- I'm talking to the AmiBlitz author (who has inproved the compiler etc), and we may get the Editor working on MOS. But you still should be able to use the compiler and a text editor like GoldEd/MorphEd. I don't know about the debugger though.

And Pure Basic should work too- and that may be ported to MOS in future- the author says he'll see.

Another option is Python.
    - Ants
  • »08.08.03 - 02:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Current PC variants of Blitz are really nice (powerfull and OS friendly) and I have suggested discussions for potential backportin.. unfortunately I really don't belive there is market yet for it to happen.

http://www.blitzbasic.co.nz/
    http://somequicknotes.blogspot.com/index.html
  • »08.08.03 - 07:51
    hooligan
    I agree. Blitz Basic 2 would be an easy to learn and yet powerfull language, and would be very helpful for MOS community.

Too bad B2 has big problems when ran on MorphOS.
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »08.08.03 - 08:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    zeXar
    I want a native mos PureBasic version with OGRE 3D support when Jungl will be ready :-D

Hollywood is easy to program as BASIC?
    Pegasos II G3/600MHz
    AMIGA 4000 060/50Mhz 604e/233MHz
  • »08.08.03 - 14:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    yes! I agree 100000% I tried purebasic but since it is deleted, I believe I could not get it working properly.
  • »10.08.03 - 22:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Coder
    @Ants

Quote:

There Mattahtias BASIC which is in Alpha state

I would put my money on that. Mike is doing a great job on it. Together with some other people. I am certain I will be using it a lot in the future.

Coder
  • »11.08.03 - 00:08
    Profile Visit Website