• Butterfly
    Butterfly
    @Zylesea
    Well, it's more than just programming preference- it's what's best for Beginner/Hobbiest programmers, and C++/Java isn't good to begin with IMO.
    And yes I agree, having Amiga/Mos OS examples is very important, but having examples for beginners on how to program, the basics of C etc is good too. Ie: having complete programming community support for a platform is a major plus, just as it was for the Amiga.

IMO, OO programming is really only relevant to big programmes- small programmes are really just a Class in themselves. Hobbiests will never need the sophistication of Classes. In my time using Blitz Basic, I've seen many people turn out to be great programmers, who would have given up, if they had to learn C++ or Java first up :-/
    We should remember, that the Amiga community always gave people an opportunity to learn programming, that otherwise never would have, if they tried to learn it at University- ie: starting with Java (not sure if they start with Visual Basic now though)!
    But saying that, I think we should teach OO techniques too, but start with Structured Programming first, with Functions etc. Functions and local variables, are the basic concepts that Classes etc are based on anyway.
    - Ants
  • »14.02.04 - 01:07
    Profile Visit Website