FreePascal install for Dummies
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    polluks
    Quote:

ALB42 schrieb:
    You know, I more care about AROS than MorphOS. So about SQLite I do not know wether it possible on MorphOS. (on AROS I got it to work recently)

It's already part of the system
    > version full sqlite.library
    sqlite.library 53.0 (12.05.13)
    Pegasos II G4: MorphOS 3.9, Zalman M220W · iMac G5 12,1 17", MorphOS 3.18
    Power Mac G3: OSX 10.3 · PowerBook 5,8: OSX 10.5, MorphOS 3.18
  • »13.12.15 - 13:51
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    @ALB42
    I'll reply more in detail (to your post also) when I'm at my computer. The 3.1.1 links from your site I've never seen. I downloaded one and it worked..small permissions issues on fp and vlink, but they work! :-)

I'll test more and reply after I'm done. This is what I was looking for. :-)

[ Edited by TheMagicM 13.12.2015 - 10:26 ]
  • »13.12.15 - 16:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    @ALB42
    I'll reply more in detail (to your post also) when I'm at my computer. The 3.1.1 links from your site I've never seen. I downloaded one and it worked..small permissions issues on fp and vlink, but they work! :-)

I'll test more and reply after I'm done. This is what I was looking for. :-)

Oh that sounds good, I tried to correct the permissions issues (hopefully) so next time (next night :-) ) it will be maybe better

for your example requests:
    (Thanks to polluks for this hint) For you a little sqlite test, adapted from AROS ;-)
    https://home.alb42.de/sqlite-mos.tar.gz

Magorium send me some hints about recursive file search:

https://github.com/magorium/fpc-aros-wiki/tree/master/Topics/Recursive_FileSearch

and of course the official Help also possible, with a little example:

http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/sysutils/findfirst.html

If you have some more questions for triforce or so can also ask at http://www.amigacoding.de

Have Fun!
  • »13.12.15 - 22:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Back to the donations thing.. I dont see where I can donate to FPC. Again, If I donate, I do not want to donate anything like x86 /Windows etc.. If I must donate I want to donate to specific stuff, I guess AROS/Amiga 68k is fine as long as MorphOS gets the updates at the same time.

What apps have been written with FPC on the Amiga side (68k) and MorphOS? I just want to see what is possible.
  • »13.12.15 - 23:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Chain-Q
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    Back to the donations thing.. I dont see where I can donate to FPC. Again, If I donate, I do not want to donate anything like x86 /Windows etc.. If I must donate I want to donate to specific stuff, I guess AROS/Amiga 68k is fine as long as MorphOS gets the updates at the same time.

There was no organized donations so far for FPC. Nor Amiga-wise, nor otherwise, as far as I know.

Well, OK, a bit of history: I personally got my first Pegasos II/G4 back in early 2004 from Genesi, to port Free Pascal to MorphOS. Which I did, as this very early example shows. After that there was a longer break, because I had no time to work on it, because I started working as a full-time software developer (before that I was a system admin). Fortunately, in the last two and a half years, my work was somewhat related to FPC, so I had an excuse to play with it again. And I integrated some/most of Alb42's AROS work into mainline FPC (together with Alb42), got the 68k codegenerator up to speed (together with some other FPC Team members, as it was broken since 1.x times), so now there's a 68k Amiga port again, and also updated/cleaned up MorphOS related bits here and there. And synchronized the three ports in the most critical areas.

(BTW, back in 2006, I also had a proof-of-concept OS4 release, but since there was minimal feedback from the OS4 community, that's more or less dead. It could be resurrected, I could do it in a few days, but unless someone steps up as a regular OS4 maintainer for the RTL and Packages, it will just lag behind and die again, because I don't plan to do the same work all over again, the 4th time, for free, for a system which I... Hmm... Have doubts about... ;-) So I didn't do it so far.)

Quote:

What apps have been written with FPC on the Amiga side (68k) and MorphOS? I just want to see what is possible.

FPC and the FP IDE itself was written with FPC. :) About Amiga-specific things, well, see Alb42's blog about what theoretically possible, even if most of that is AROS only ATM, or does its baby steps on Amiga/68k and MorphOS. The long shot would be getting Lazarus itself running, which is a RAD IDE. But that's still a while away on MorphOS and Amiga I'd say. (Mainly because the LCL -> MUI GUI wrapper is pretty painful to work on, and I lack the required MUI knowledge, and/or enough time to debug where things go wrong...)

Other than that, see the Lazarus Application Gallery, or the Free Pascal Application Gallery to know what could be possible. (Of course, this is just a small glimpse on it, and most of it is "not there" for Amiga yet, but we're working on it... ;-)

But again, for me personally, donations wouldn't really help. If I have time, I work on it anyway, for fun. Of course, other Amiga developers are free to take bounties or donations on the subject, and if they come up with improvements, I'll be more than happy to integrate it into FPC. (If my assistance is needed, that is.)
    [.PegasosII/G4.:.Efika.:.Amiga2000/060.]
    [.Free Pascal Compiler MorphOS Port.]
    [.Hosting AmigaSpirit.hu.]
  • »14.12.15 - 00:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:

As I wrote before there is not such a thing. I agree completely with ChainQ at this point. If you want donate something it have to be something more precious than money... time for example :-P ... time to play with fpc ... time to code nice programs ... such things drives me forward, when I see that people use the things I created.

Quote:

Currently not that many, there are some test apps and some CLI programs. What is possible? Everything you can think of, depending on your skills, ideas, mood. If someone is more virtuous than me with MUI it would be much easier to create GUIs using the native MUI elements. I prefer LCL because of long time use of Delphi and Lazarus, but it would be also possible to recreate all my programs with GUIs directly coded in MUI (sometimes it would be even easier, mostly the app would run faster, but the coding is harder for me).

If you look at the AROS things to something like:
    EdiSyn, Shift-It-GL, AROSDebugView, ArTorr

Most of them I just made a showcase whats possible with fpc.
  • »14.12.15 - 16:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    When I compile some MUI examples, I get an error saying

"PPU Invalid version 165".. specifically on doslib.ppu. What I did was copy the units (from another fpc v 3.1.1 archive) that were missing (graphics.ppu also)..

Where do I get the correct units from?

[ Edited by TheMagicM 09.02.2016 - 19:03 ]
  • »10.02.16 - 01:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Chain-Q
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    When I compile some MUI examples, I get an error saying

"PPU Invalid version 165".. specifically on doslib.ppu. What I did was copy the units (from another fpc v 3.1.1 archive) that were missing (graphics.ppu also)..

Where do I get the correct units from?

As I said on IRC already, you cannot mix the unit versions between releases. However, this doslib problem is special, because - to unify naming among supported Amiga-like systems, I renamed the doslib unit to amigados in recent MorphOS releases, including all 3.0 and 3.1.1 versions.

Which means, you have leftovers of old releases in your unit paths. You should probably delete the old files, and fix the MUI example you try to compile in the uses line to include "amigados" instead of "doslib". There are a few other units where the same happened, like aboxlib is now called amigalib, graphics is now agraphics, and more.
    [.PegasosII/G4.:.Efika.:.Amiga2000/060.]
    [.Free Pascal Compiler MorphOS Port.]
    [.Hosting AmigaSpirit.hu.]
  • »10.02.16 - 16:43
    Profile Visit Website