A GUI for WinAction
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Hello,

with the new tool WinAction realized by Thomas Igracki, i have many ideas to do a GUI to support his options.

Just examples:

if one window is selected on Ambient:

press F1: put the selected window in fullscreen (menu keep showed)
    repress F1 the window is minimized
    repress F1 the window is iconified

if 2 or more windows are opened on Ambient:

press F2 : 2 windows are configured in vertical mode (1 left and other right) on the Ambient, the third is back.
    repress F2: the GUI cycle the windows like this: win1:left, win2:right, win3:back -> win1:right, win2:back, win3:left, etc.

if 3 or more windows are opened on Ambient:

press F3 : a window is configured in vertical mode and the 2 others are up and down on the other side
    repress F3: cycle windows

if 4 or more windows are opened on Ambient:

press F4 : the 4 windows have the same size and take each 1/4 of the screen
    repress F4: cycle windows

Just some examples, many configurations are possible...

Maybe, you have others ideas?
  • »09.08.24 - 10:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    @Thomas:

Is there the possibility to have an information about the selected window in the LIST option please? If yes, maybe montionned with a "*" before the name of the window.

I have some bizarre 'ESC' special caracters in the LIST text output around the BOLD strings, it's volunteer? Possibility to remove them please?

I have a problem, when i iconify a window "drawer" with the GUI, Ambient disappear, only the menu is present...
    Seems Ambient listers are not iconifiable...

I take the name window in the LIST output.

The iconification work fine with the FlowStudio window :-)

[EDIT] Small problem, i reclick on button Iconify when select "FlowStudio, éditeur de texte" in my lister from my GUI, i have this message:

Warning: failed to get the app object for the window "FlowStudio, éditeur de texte"

Work with the "MUIAPPS" name

It will be possible to add 'WINDOW' text before the MUIAPPS like as SCREEN part and reverse LowCase <-> UpperCase title to have the good name to use in first please?
  • »10.08.24 - 18:18
    Profile Visit Website
    Kronos
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:

I have a problem, when i iconify a window "drawer" with the GUI, Ambient disappear, only the menu is present...

I haven't tested any of this, but "iconify" is a feature of an app, not a window.

So yeah "iconifying" Ambient should have such an effect....

You can "hide" a lister which will then still be accessible through a "View Watcher" object in panels.

Best way would off course be to do it via Ambient's AREXX/LUA port, but I don't think such commands are supported.
  • »10.08.24 - 19:50
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

Kronos a écrit :
    I haven't tested any of this, but "iconify" is a feature of an app, not a window.

So yeah "iconifying" Ambient should have such an effect....

You can "hide" a lister which will then still be accessible through a "View Watcher" object in panels.

Best way would off course be to do it via Ambient's AREXX/LUA port, but I don't think such commands are supported.

Yes, i have just tested differents options of WinAction with my GUI, i will deactivate "Iconify" option for Ambient windows of course of maybe Thomas can add an error message like "Ambient windows are not iconifiable."
  • »10.08.24 - 20:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    igracki
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    @Thomas:
    Is there the possibility to have an information about the selected window in the LIST option please? If yes, maybe montionned with a "*" before the name of the window.

Do you mean to mark which window is active?

Quote:

I have some bizarre 'ESC' special caracters in the LIST text output around the BOLD strings, it's volunteer? Possibility to remove them please?

I think hat these ESC characters are visible in your GUI because it doesn't support these ESC characters to have bold text!?
    In a shell window they aren't visible.
    You could filter them out.

Quote:

ICONIFY iconifies the whole app not only a window, use HIDE to hide a single window!
    I will change the description to reflect this.

Quote:

I take the name window in the LIST output.

The iconification work fine with the FlowStudio window :-)

[EDIT] Small problem, i reclick on button Iconify when select "FlowStudio, éditeur de texte"
    in my lister from my GUI, I have this message:

Warning: failed to get the app object for the window "FlowStudio, éditeur de texte"

Work with the "MUIAPPS" name

If you ICONIFY an app by specifying a window name, the windows will be closed (thats how Iconify works), not only hidden like with the HIDE action!
    Thats why an app which was iconified by its window name can't be uniconified by its window name because the window was closed.
    Windows which are hidden still exist but they are not visible anymore.

Use the MUI basename to iconify/uniconify a MUI app.
    Or HIDE/SHOW to hide/show the window by using the window name.

Quote:

It will be possible to add 'WINDOW' text before the MUIAPPS like as SCREEN part and
    reverse LowCase <-> UpperCase title to have the good name to use in first please?

You mean to show the basename first?
    I think about a LISTAPPS option for showing just the apps, and LIST for showing screens and windows...
  • »11.08.24 - 11:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Hi Thomas,

Quote:

Do you mean to mark which window is active?
    Yes, if possible

Quote:

I think hat these ESC characters are visible in your GUI because it doesn't support these ESC characters to have bold text!?
    In a shell window they aren't visible.
    You could filter them out.
    Ok, i will do that

Quote:

ICONIFY iconifies the whole app not only a window, use HIDE to hide a single window!
    I will change the description to reflect this.
    Ok, thanks

Quote:

If you ICONIFY an app by specifying a window name, the windows will be closed (thats how Iconify works), not only hidden like with the HIDE action!
    Thats why an app which was iconified by its window name can't be uniconified by its window name because the window was closed.
    Windows which are hidden still exist but they are not visible anymore.

Use the MUI basename to iconify/uniconify a MUI app.
    Or HIDE/SHOW to hide/show the window by using the window name.
    Thanks for these informations.

Quote:

You mean to show the basename first?
    Yes

Quote:

I think about a LISTAPPS option for showing just the apps, and LIST for showing screens and windows...
    The GUI will be more slow to show the list of all windows... but as you want or maybe add a LISTALL?
    I will adapt options with type of Windows of course.
    I have send you a mail about this output text :-)
  • »11.08.24 - 11:55
    Profile Visit Website