CF card not detected under MorphOS 2.0/ EFIKA
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    motorollin
    (Also posted on Amiga.org)

I'm just getting back in to MOS now that I have an EFIKA. I have got a 512MB CF card in an adapter on the IDE interface and the install image on a USB drive. I can boot in to MOS from the install image, but I can't see the CF card in HDConfig or iWizard. All it sees is usbscsi.device:0 (but says "no medium inserted"). I have tried the adapter as master and slave and have also tried a 128MB card, but nothing works. Am I doing something wrong?

TIA

--
    moto

[ Edited by motorollin on 2008/7/24 10:45 ]
  • »24.07.08 - 11:44
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Tcheko
    Hello,

Nothing wrong.

This is a known issue that will be solved with next bugfix release.

Some CF/IDE work well, some other not.

Czk.
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
    I need to practice my Kung Fu.
  • »24.07.08 - 11:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    motorollin
    Thanks for your rapid reply! So is it a problem with compatibility with the card itself or the adapter? AFAIK the adapter is passive and just physically adapts the card to fit the IDE connector. So would it be worth trying a different card? Any recommended brands? And is there any scheduled release date for the fix?

Many thanks again

--
    moto
  • »24.07.08 - 11:54
    Tcheko
    I don't remember exactly the problem but it is not related to the CF to IDE adapter. Those are mostly passive. I read something about this problem some days ago but I can't remember where/when/who.

Anyway, this will be solved soon. You can buy some cheap CF card nowdays. I have a 2Gb working nicely.

Czk.
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
  • »24.07.08 - 12:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    motorollin
    What brand is your working one Tchenko?

--
    moto
  • »24.07.08 - 12:06
    Tcheko
    There is a brand but I think this is kind of noname. Don't remember it btw. :)

Anyone with working CF around ?
    -------
  • »24.07.08 - 13:36
    Profile Visit Website
    Golem
    Quote:

Anyone with working CF around ?

I have a 4GB Kingston elite pro here that works ok in my Peg1, when I tried it in my Peg2 I got some errors though, helped a little bit enabling sync in drive setup... but not enough to get it working 100%.
  • »24.07.08 - 15:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    motorollin
    @Golem
    Shame I'm not using a Peg1 ;-) If anyone has a working CF card in an EFIKA and they could post the brand, model (if applicable) and capacity I would be really grateful.

--
    moto
  • »24.07.08 - 17:08
  • Just looking around
    pkillo
    I posted this on Amiga.org, but I thought I'd repeat it here because I'm trying to figure it out:
    I am using an Addonics dual CF to IDE adapter in my EFIKA, and have two identical Transcend 133x 4GB cards installed in it. [These cards came from PCUniverse.com and are their part no. TS4GCF133 for reference.]

MOS only recognizes one of the cards (unit 0) but if I unplug the second card I can't even boot - the OF gives me something like 'unknown errror 8' when I try to boot. If I leave both cards plugged in I can use the first one - but I'd like to take the second and put it in my Amiga 1200 instead since MOS won't let me use it!
  • »24.07.08 - 20:04
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    motorollin
    The 16GB Transcend card works fine :-D
  • »26.07.08 - 13:33
  • Just looking around
    pkillo
    Sweet; now I'm wishing I'd gotten one that size, but I didn't want to risk spending so much for a card that might have turned out to be incompatible... I'm far from filling up my 4GB but the extra space would still be nice. :)

So, can anyone tell me if the inability to detect a second card in a dual CF-IDE adapter is a limitation of MorphOS or if this is imposed by the EFIKA hardware? Surely someone here knows... :-?
  • »26.07.08 - 23:17
    Golem
    As far as I know efika is still limited to a single device, I would imagine that dual CF-IDE adaptor uses a master/slave setup.
  • »27.07.08 - 00:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    pkillo
    so I'm up the creek then... oh, well. I'll have to pick up a single card adapter at some point so I can reclaim my spare card! thanks for the info...
  • »27.07.08 - 05:24