question for BBRV
Topic is Locked
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    ha! oh wow i didnt even notice......coooool :-D

does it show my social life is completly non existant?

[ Edited by poundsmack on 2004/8/23 22:16 ]
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »24.08.04 - 06:15
    Profile Visit Website
    @ lots of people

Leao talked about the general problem and not for himself
    He perfectly knows his board can't be upgraded and that's not a problem for him... His post was only by solidarity.

In my case I've a little question :
    I had a peg1 BT1 already upgraded with april2 and which is eligible for an upgrade to a peg2 G4..
    I must admit I'm not interested in upgrading it this way, but I'd like to be upgraded to a peg2 with 750GX. (so a less expensive model) Will that be possible in the future.
    I really think that as 750Gx is powerfull enough and really less expensive, everyone will win : less loss for genesi and a still cheaper upgrade for the customer.. Of course there is no AltiVec in this CPU... But I already have a peg2 G4 :-D
    Pegasos rulez since august 2002
  • »24.08.04 - 07:15
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    thefab
    oh my god,

@Acill, katos1, TheMagicM:

oh please shut up, you don't know at all what we are talking about
    here. It is not about phreeboard here, it is about Pegasos1 paid full
    price. It was paid full price despite the fact it was defective. It
    was paid full price despite the fact the Pegasos2 was coming and
    Genesi said there was an upgrade program started, a program
    relayed by local resellers!!!

And then Genesi cheated some resellers (i'm not talking about the
    resellers who cheated Genesi here) by anouncing "Oh sorry, no
    upgrade for you, only upgrade made directly on our website is valid".

Perhaps we should ask Thierry Velasco what he think about this (if
    he's still alive)?

Do you really think most of us would have bought this, if no upgrade
    was announced, instead of waiting some more 2/3 months?

And don't tell me that pegasos1 work like a charm, it isn't.
    Oh yes with morphos it's a great piece of hardware, and i thank the
    morphos team for the great job they have done here, but with linux, i
    have heard enough of this "oh you can't do that" "oh you can't install
    this", simply because i have the fantastics features of Articia (and
    yes i'm talking about peg1+april2 here. Oh but Genesi doesn't care
    about Morphos, only Linux is the best, too bad i can't use it!!!

If numerous people are blind enough to ignore what is happening with
    some cheated customers, perhaps they should join another well known
    blind community.

And perhaps Genesi should make business with Eyetech, they could do "great" things together.

[ Edited by thefab on 2004/8/24 9:18 ]
  • »24.08.04 - 08:09
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Black_Eagle
    I agree with Acill. Stop complaining about not getting an upgrade program which has been cancelled for obvious reasons. Get a new Pegasos 2 and sell your old Pegasos to someone else. It's not too complicated right? It's what the rest of the world is used to doing and it will support Genesi which has brought us these great machines...

It's the best computer I've ever owned, and MorphOS is the best OS I've tried... and it sure flies on a G4 :hammer:
    OnyxSoft - Amigans never surrender, they know they can do it better...
  • »24.08.04 - 08:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    thefab
    oh i'm very sorry for your inconvenience Black_Eagle, but we can't stop something we haven't started
  • »24.08.04 - 09:20
    hey are you millionnary???

just a thing, some people bought peg1 boards jsute before peg2 should become available because an upgrade was planned..

Concerning next paragraph, all prices include VAT.

so they paid IIRC 360 euros the peg1 and the upgrade should have cost 240 euros.... Total : 600 euros...

now a peg2G4 board cost 600 euros, too, so you have to sell your old mobo for 360 euros NOW to keep in your original budget..
    BUT, yes because there's a BUT, now a peg1 board is sold around 100 euros... and lots of resellers only sell built system and not the mobo alone... (and it IS a good thing, our resellers have to LIVE, and NOT TO LEAVE !, yes it's less expensive to buy every piece of hardware on the net and only buy the mobo, but that doesn't make your reseller LIVE... :-( ) So in France lots of people bought fully built system. So how much do you think these fully built system will be sold ?

OneVision doesn't manage to sell his peg1 April2 with Hard drive, CD drive, voodoo3 3000 AGP, tower, keyboard, mouse and 256MB ECC RAM for 450 euros.... So NO, peg1 don't sell easily and what people suggest can become very expensive.

Moreover, I have to add a point : french reseller APS is not expensive I bought myself :
    peg2G4 with 512MB DDR400
    Voodoo3 3000 AGP
    40Gb Maxtor harddrive
    Plextor CD Drive
    MicroATX case
    UPS express delivery
    all that for 904 euros (with VAT of course :-P)

So if you prefer keeping some bucks for your pocket instead of helping our resellers, don't try to convince people to lose money by buying a new machine and selling second hand the old one... you're telling nonsense !!!

BTW talking about Thierry VELASCO, a free peg2 G4 upgrade was promised to me for the help I gave to Genesi during last year BAPS.... no news since the close of Thendic-France... :-(

[ Edited by FALCON1 on 2004/8/24 10:30 ]
  • »24.08.04 - 09:22
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    BatteMan
    @Kronos : First of all, my nick is BatteMan and not BattleMan...

@All : Buy a Pegasos II and sell my Pegasos I ? Ok, i'll do it if BBRV give me my 200 euros of the ASUM offer (yes, the offer for the french association... do you remember) and if this action will cost nothing for me. Is it possible ? I don't think.
    I don't want anymore the 200 euros of the ASUM offer, I just want my upgrade for 200 euros, I'm fairplay, am I not ?
    When I bought my Pegasos in November 2002, I received it in January 2003 with the April 1. I always have my April 1 board (no upgrade for April 2, but I don't ask for this). When I wanted to upgrade my Peg I G3 to G4, I read this wasn't possible anymore and an upgrade for Peg II will do the same thing for the same price, and now, I must wait and shut up...

The liar is not me, and I'm not millionary. I'm bored, fed up and everything you want. The first consumers are not the priority... So... Wait and shut up...

I don't like when somebody f..ks me twice... And it seems to be so ...

[ Edited by BatteMan on 2004/8/24 11:07 ]
    Proud user of MorphOS since 2003 !
  • »24.08.04 - 09:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Kaczus
    You should be happy... I bought my Peg1 on november 2002 too, but unfortunately I have not upgrade. Then I have peg1 without April.... Now I'd like to exchange it for peg2 g4 but i can't do it :(
    Kaczus/BlaBla & AUG-Lodz Happy Pegasos User
  • »24.08.04 - 10:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    No i am not a millionare, I am just a normal everyday Pegasos II user. I had to sell my A3000 that was loaded with a CSPPC, Mediator, mirage, all the cards you could want, a CVPPC card, all for $800 to get my Pegasos II. I had that A3000 since it was first released in the US. I was robbed by the guy that i sold it to complete. I only sold it complete because of a song and dance he gave me about it being the dream Amiga he allways wanted. Then about a month later I had to sit and watch him part it out and ebay it all for 3 times the price. That pissed me off. Amiga user get his dream machine so I could get my new Pegasos. I know loss.

Think of all the PC and Mac user that spend all the money they do on a new system, PC users even more so. They see a new system come out as close as three months later much better, and some times for less then they paid for their system!

I still think you all need to just bite the bullet and sell off what you can and get a new system if you need it that bad. Genesi is afterall as business and not working just to save people money and help them out with free or next to free upgrades, You have to understand that. I still get sick thinking off the money I tossed away into that A3000 over they years, and then get only $800 in the end back. :-o
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »24.08.04 - 10:59
    Profile Visit Website
    @acill

You're right, but you didn't miss the point

some people wanted to buy pegasos machines, but there was the famous articia problem

so they wanted to wait for peg2 to be available.
    Then genesi and resellers said : "buy a peg1 now for 300+VAT and then upgrade to peg2 G4 for 200 + VAT, it's the same price than buying a peg2 G4 (500+VAT) but you don't have to wait until it's available, you've something to play with immediatly."

But after that, very few upgrades were honoured...

I hope you understnand the difference...
    I was in the same situation as you, and I really think it's different than the problem we're discussing..

Some people bought wrongly because of promises... that's the problem
  • »24.08.04 - 12:14
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AyoS
    @ thefab,

You are probably right, in that we do not know all of the details.
    but instead of joining the tri-monthly "where is our Upgrade Genesi"
    posts, why not get together with all those affected, and communicate
    in a civilized "Private Discussion" with Genesi. Wouldn't this bring
    more resolution and "solidarity??" constantly complaining on an open
    forum makes, what might be a legitimate complaint sound like whining.

And I promise, this is my last post on this topic. If those involved
    don't understand the points I have made then theirs nothing else I can
    say.

Katos1
  • »24.08.04 - 12:51
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    my sentiments exactly.
  • »24.08.04 - 13:35
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    bbrv
    Thanks katos1. Yes, please, if *any of you* have a specific issue write us!

Falcon1, you provided some great support and we included you on a number of shows and trips (and a few good deals), however, as mentioned earlier if we ever suggested such an upgrade in these manner this was before the Articia problems were fully understood and if someone purchased their Pegasos during this period of time we would be happy to upgrade them. This is a very limited number of people. It is sad to say, but these issues become very much exaggerated with time. We actually upgraded well over 100 people with Pegasos II boards.

BatteMan, where is ASUM today? Where was it a year ago? It seems without Bertrand -- who created the site -- the whole site has disappeared. Remember, this was part of the deal. You were not misrepresented in any way. There are many people who have made sites and received boards. If you have any specific issues just write us. No one, especially us, has lied to you.

Finally, if some one wants a Pegasos II they can buy one right now through the website. If you have a special request just send us an email. What is most frustrating is the person that started this thread received a PHREEBOARD and should be saying thank you more than screaming for an upgrade for which he does not even qualify.

How about some community support here?! Genesi is making an determined effort to turn this community into something important in the IT world. We won't get there like this...

R&B
  • »24.08.04 - 14:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Sege doesnt even qual for an upgrade? All this started for nothing? I am shocked. Those of you that want a Pegasos II have you even asked if you can get some discount if you offered your old Pegasos I to someone that want to dev for us? I bet something could be worked out if you did that and gave it to a valid proven dev. Who knows.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »24.08.04 - 14:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Frostwork
    Hi!
    Peg 1 is OK, but it's quiet annoying seeing apps/functions
    which I want to have but only work on peg2...
    I think I have on of the 1st pegs, but the upgrade seems to
    be unlikely.
    I no millionar too, so what am I going to do now?
    Mmmmh, I know:
    I'm going to sell my High-End (but getting more and more dust
    on the top, as I have a peg) Classic Amiga
    A4000D, CyberstormPPC 233/60, GRex, Fastlane,SCSI DVD,
    SCSI CDRoms and about 384 MB Ram soon....

Do you think I have the money then for a peg2/1Ghz G4 ?

bye
    frostwork

PS: I dind't want to be impolite with the several
    "Buuuaaäääh, where is my upgrade"-request....
  • »24.08.04 - 14:46
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    BatteMan
    Ok, I take my upgrade, I take my offer and I put it where the sun never shines.
    After, I should give my Pegasos to a developper and then, I should buy a Pegasos II. Ok... We don't have the same idea of a simple customer.

I wish you a good day and see you next time in France, perhaps at the Alchimie, the super french show.

[ Edited by BatteMan on 2004/8/24 15:57 ]
    Proud user of MorphOS since 2003 !
  • »24.08.04 - 14:49
    Profile Visit Website
    bbrv
    Hi Marcel (frostwork),

Did you read this thread?!

Why not make plans to attend PegasosPPC Day at SNDF and register as a Developer with Genesi/Freescale and get a complete Open Desktop Workstation in exchange for submitting monthly development reports? :-D

Lunch and Dinner is INCLUDED! Space is limited so send your name, mailing address and local telephone number to bbrv@genesi.lu as soon as possible!

R&B :-)
  • »24.08.04 - 14:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    thefab
    @bbrv:

Serge started this thread and paid for his pegasos, so don't involve Leo in this, he only provided some solidarity with us and surely deserve a bit more respect than you.

[ Edited by FALCON1 on 2004/8/24 16:28 ]
  • »24.08.04 - 14:56
    bbrv
    thefab, you are right. Our mistake.

As for solidarity, it would be great if we had some more.

R&B
  • »24.08.04 - 15:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Frostwork
    Hi, bbrv!

Yes, I read THIS thread ;-) but not the SNDF Europe thread...
    Well, meanwhile I did that too and it sounds quiet
    interesting...
    I hope I have time till about tomorrow, as I have to talk to
    my girlfriend first, if she's time to go with me to
    Frankfurt....
    bye
    frostwork

PS: Anyway my A4000 needs much place and prevents the
    dust from getting directly on my table :)
  • »24.08.04 - 15:09
    @thefab

Calm down, it's not a box ring there.. everyone should be respected... I won't let this thread turn into an open war.

It's a discussion where averyone can expose his point of view, but that's all, forum is for general problems not for private ones

BTW : i edited your post to correct a typo error

@bbrv
    My post about my situation was not for complaining, just for explaining... more in your mailbox.
  • »24.08.04 - 15:24
  • JKD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JKD
    Just selling your CPU board should be enough, they fetch $700 to $900 here...that 'old iron' is only collecting dust waiting for OS4 anyway ;-)

Steve

[ Edited by JKD on 2004/8/24 8:49 ]
  • »24.08.04 - 16:48
  • Leo
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Leo
    Quote:

Leo, exactly what we said -- "when we are ready." The ODWs being *awarded* to developers were paid for by Freescale. BTW, didn't you get your board under the phreeboard program? If so, you are not eligible for the upgrade anyway.

Some people are waiting for 7 (SEVEN !) months for an upgrade they gave money 7 months ago. And they received no information at all since months: this is a chance they have not completely left the platform after a so long time ! I think you owe them a lot more than "When it's ready" or worst, "when we want" (?!).

And yes, I was part of the phreeboard program: I'm happy with my board, I perfectly know I am not elligible for an upgrade and I never asked for it. As pointed out Falcon, I'm only writting because I find it inaceptable that people are waiting for ages just to receive a "When it's ready".

Since I received my board, I coded several programs for MorphOS (see http://nogfx.free.fr/warpdesign/soft_muifind2.html), I promoted the Pegasos/MorphOS at the University for a whole year, including presentations, demonstrations,... And I'm mad to see people leaving the platform because of these delays.

Quote:

What is most frustrating is the person that started this thread received a PHREEBOARD and should be saying thank you more than screaming for an upgrade for which he does not even qualify.

If you (indirectly) point me, please read again: I did not start this thread. Instead, Serge, who bought a Pegasos1, ordered&paid an upgrade since months now, started it.

Quote:

As for solidarity, it would be great if we had some more.

Some people seeing the updgrade wasn't coming, decided to buy a Pegasos 2 at full price instead of waiting any longer. Some other are now waiting for seven months after having paid something: only Amiga/Pegasos makes it possible. In any other market people would have left the platform (and made bad noise about it) since the first month... And you're asking for solidarity ?

Regards,
    Leo.

[ Edited by Leo on 2004/8/24 17:10 ]
    Nothing hurts a project more than developers not taking the time to let their community know what is going on.
  • »24.08.04 - 17:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Quote:

If you (indirectly) point me, please read again: I did not start this thread. Instead, Serge, who bought a Pegasos1, ordered&paid an upgrade since months now, started it

This is not exact. Serge as many people did not paid, he pre-ordered/ reserved an upgrade to APS (who since then was unable to order it from Genesi). APS did not cash the money because in the past several preorder schemes failed.

In one hand everyone agree that it is frustrating for the customers to wait for this upgrade for ever. On the other hand most of them did not pay for it.

People should try to adopt a constructive attitude. Whining on the public forums will only make the situation worse.

[ Edited by cdfr on 2004/8/24 12:55 ]
  • »24.08.04 - 17:50
    serge
    Quote:

bbrv wrote:
    What is most frustrating is the person that started this thread received a PHREEBOARD and should be saying thank you more than screaming for an upgrade for which he does not even qualify.
    R&B

OLA Mr BBRV, Have your read our betatester 1 contract ? I never received a PHREEBOARD. I PAYED A BETATESTER BOARD .

the patched free board is not an UPgrade, but just a correction applied to the bugged Pegasos 1 like AmigaOnes. It's completly normal to do it and I thank your for it. It would be a shame if you dont do it like the other team with theyr bugged Aones.
    But by Upgrade, I mean something changing on features, like processor or memory type, or bus type or more ports, not just a bug correction. And G4 Processor card would be an upgrade, a pegasos II is an Upgrade.

What I'm reclaming is juste what you must to do. I'm not the only one waiting for something you promise and we dont see a solution.
    It is not my problem if sombody on your team accepted to upgrade boards officialy from APS and he dont tell it to you, so PLEASE dont say me I'm in fault ! :-x

Another problem, is you are trying to win time and more time. On this way some users are canceling theyr upgrades. It's not my case .
    I WANT MY UPGRADE !!!! because the PEG II is my favorite "thanks to Bplan"

IF you decide to dont upgrade the APS boards any more, tell it to us clearly, and we will do what we have to do ! But dont tell us you will do it saying wait and wait and wait more.
    If I'm not stupide, there's PEG2 G4 boards available on you web site, so what are you waitting? :-x
    Dont forget, we "amiga users" are realy very bored of waitting for long time like stupe people.

And dont forget to thanks Amiga community. It's this community who spend money on first time in your projects like me.

So, to conclude, I JUST WANT MY UPGRADE .

[ Edited by serge on 2004/8/24 20:25 ]
  • »24.08.04 - 18:11
Topic is Locked