• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

Punkyclown wrote: Hi All, I am now running MorphOS 3.11 on my MacMini 1.67ghz ....

Does that mean you've overclocked the MacMini? The fastest I heard of as a "stock" MacMini was 1.5GHz, which I have. ;-)
    By the way, welcome back Brad, glad you decided to try MorphOS again. 8-)
    Quote:

Punkyclown wrote: Seems like anything that is running, flash or YouTube on OWB causes my internal fan to go bonkers. Which I interpret to mean it's heating up fast and high. Is there some adjustment I need to make so I can run cooler? Any fixes at all I could implement in Hardware or Software? Would be much appreciated.

The age of JavaScript is with us, along with DOM and CSS etc., so you can expect hardware such as our PPC CPU devices to be challenged at every turn on modern websites, so there's not much, that I'm aware of, that you can do to alleviate the CPU load, though there is a version, currently as a Beta, OWB v1.25 Beta JIT that has JIT JavaScript worked on by Marc "bigfoot" Olsen, and version 2 of the Beta is best to use, though I have come across a Limitation(s)/Bug(s) in it, that I've submitted as such, so I don't usually use it at the moment, but it's a W.I.P. so hopefully there will be a more complete release when MorphOS v3.12 gets released. ;-)
    Quote:

Punkyclown wrote: Also now that I have 3.11 installed do I need to install anything else? After doing a clean install
    to 3.10 I did not install Chrysalis, do I need to do that now? if so what version? Thanks, Brad Hansen

I have Chrysalis v3.11 ISO installed on at least one of my systems, which is generally OK, though there are a few anomalies that I noticed with it, such as a French label in the menu of Crabum, that needed changing (for me), and PicShow was swapped by the Chrysalis installer to the default image viewer that just "locked-up" the whole system when an image was double-clicked on, and had to be swapped out back to LoView which was fiddly, which occurred on one of my systems (PowerMac 2.3GHz DP A1047 2061)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »22.03.19 - 02:54