• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Yeah, I'm not sure I'm clear on this either.

Is the driver Aeon is waiting on, the driver they originally contract with Mincea for, or the driver which Mincea now claims is ready (that would appear to have been created by a subcontractor), or for the purpose of fulfilling the contract does the later subsume/replace the earlier?

Assuming that when Mincea's driver development was discontinued, a sub was hired to fulfill the contract, this is the clearest understanding I can come to from this jumbled description of events.

That the latest driver (again, supposedly ready) is a substitute for the earlier project.

And that regardless of Hyperion's position, Aeon wanted to get a driver in the hands of their beta testers NOW and paid for a second (which could, in a weird way, be considered the third).

It may be difficult to keep this simple, but I'll give it a go.
    Start with what -was- released with enhancer V1.4:

A1222 ethernet device v1.2 (added) - Rene
    USBADM8511 device v53.11 (added) - Rene
    X5000 ethernet device v52.6 (added) - Mark/Frank

Reason: "The most important thing is the end-users (our customers) have a working, high quality driver and do not have to wait any longer."

2015 (my link) is the talk of contract for 2 of the above and X1000. Forget those from the standpoint of Costel doing them. afaik, the following would describe their reassignment:

X1000: consider that abandoned until someone says otherwise. It has been plainly admitted that it is low priority for Hyperion.
    A1222 and X5000 were contracted out by Hyperion.

Ergo, the only question remaining is about these last 2. I know of no status and I've read no posts about them in public. If you have, that would be new information imo.

@Amigakit

If I have somehow misrepresented the current situation, please correct me.

• »11.09.18 - 22:29