Facebook page claims Phase 5 is back
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Tcheko
    Gee. Incredibly expensive DDR4 ram support.

http://www.mouser.fr/ProductDetail/Molex/151080-0101
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
    I need to practice my Kung Fu.
  • »23.08.17 - 20:41
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Makes an X5000 a bargain...
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »23.08.17 - 21:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    "Amiga has always been expensive"... ;-)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »23.08.17 - 22:02
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    A 3000 euro expansion board for an A4000, now I know we've lost our minds.

Hey, a TalosII motherboard is cheaper than that.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »24.08.17 - 00:05
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> New "announcement": [...]
    >> Except POWER9, which is out of the question here, the only multi-core
    >> PPC CPU with DDR4 memory controller I know is the QorIQ T1.

> 3,000 euros for a T12 based board. Ambitious.

They now added that "it's not an embedded processor", so unless I'm overlooking something, this really leaves only the POWER9 that I ruled out originally (POWER8 would make even less sense because of higher price and the required Centaur buffer chips).
  • »24.08.17 - 09:28
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    asrael22
    But they have a cheeper board (with 604e) there as well on this Facebook page. Or did I see wrong?

Manfred
  • »24.08.17 - 09:38
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > But they have a cheeper board (with 604e) there as well on this Facebook page.
    > Or did I see wrong?

The 604e-based "Cyberstorm PPC 2" is one of the originally announced products they allegedly will release shortly. As far as I understand, this is claimed to be built on the basis of the old Phase5/DCE blueprints, so essentially a re-run of the original Cyberstorm PPC (604e+68060 version), but with some higher clocked and RoHS-compliant components in place of older components.
    The "Cyberstorm PPC 3 Professional" with unnamed multi-core PPC CPU is the product (pre-)announced only few days ago.
  • »24.08.17 - 10:04
  • rob
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    rob
    They were claiming copyright of the Escena AmigaOne design on the 1st of April.
  • »24.08.17 - 16:48
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > They were claiming copyright of the Escena AmigaOne design on the 1st of April.

Indeed, and that's what they had to say:

"Although it is posted on 1st April of 2017 and could look like that, THIS IS CLEARLY -NOT- AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE ! Those who know us, know that we do not make jokes with original CAD / CAM pcb layout design data. We do not make promises that we cannot keep, we always listen closely to what our customers have to say and make proactive suggestions where we feel that this is appropriate."

"The AmigaONE 1200 II Board is a powerful Amiga 1200 expansion Board with PCI, AGP, SD-RAM, Ultra-DMA IDE, USB, G3/G4 PPC CPU Slot and ATX Power supply, meant to work only with a Blizzard PPC 2 product attached together with the Amiga 1200 expansion bus connector for appropriate tower conversions."

"Amiga ONE PPC 1200/4000 II Expansion Board for the use of multiple internal and external devices like PCI Cards, AGP Cards, SD-RAM Modules, USB devices, ULTRA-DMA IDE Storage devices and additional G3/G4 CPU riser cards all together for expanding the Amiga 1200 to a maximum level for double of the price like the BVision PPC/G-Rex without any CPUs or RAM Modules. The customer can choose on top between different upgrade modules with different prices for the Amiga ONE PPC II Board."
  • »24.08.17 - 19:02
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Intuition wrote:
    I've just been reading comments by this new Phase 5 claimant on Facebook.

It's akin to reading comments from a 12yr old, not a professionally run business that is trying to seek customers.

So many insane nutjobs in the Amiga scene it's unreal.

Sadly, I have to agree.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »24.08.17 - 19:26
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    Quote:

Intuition wrote:

It's akin to reading comments from a 12yr old, not a professionally run business that is trying to seek customers.

So many insane nutjobs in the Amiga scene it's unreal.

Sadly, I have to agree.

Well...now they are claiming it might be a different RISC architecture, not PPC. It's...odd.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »24.08.17 - 21:01
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > now they are claiming it might be a different RISC architecture, not PPC. It's...odd.

It's pathetic. I mean, who do they think believes that such spec would change all of a sudden as soon as someone asks investigative questions?
    Btw, they now mention 2018 for the release of the "Cyberstorm PPC 3".
  • »24.08.17 - 22:25
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    soviet
    I asked if he have pictures of prototypes or something to proof he is claims because they are extraordinary, in a polite way.

So he proceeded to block me from his page and delete my question, not a very nice guy :P
  • »11.09.17 - 15:06
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

soviet wrote:
    I asked if he have pictures of prototypes or something to proof he is claims because they are extraordinary, in a polite way.

So he proceeded to block me from his page and delete my question, not a very nice guy :P

I've been informed that he's genuinely mentally ill with delusions and lives in a fantasy world. No idea of the truth of that but based on his public behaviour I'd tend to think it could be true.

And let's face it, the Amiga scene is renowned for being full of mentally unstable fantasists who lie for the sake of it.
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

2.7GHz DP G5, 4GB RAM, 512MB Radeon X1950 Pro, 500GB SSHD, MorphOS 3.9
  • »11.09.17 - 15:36
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    soviet
    That so true, remember me the official Amiga dealer that is here in Uruguay. He have used to say things like he designed CPUs and that he programed the port of Quake to Amiga for click Boom and stuff like that.
    Being a boy i don't even believed him, but in Amiga land this behavior seems to not be rare at all.

Quote:

Intuition wrote:
    Quote:

soviet wrote:

I've been informed that he's genuinely mentally ill with delusions and lives in a fantasy world. No idea of the truth of that but based on his public behaviour I'd tend to think it could be true.

And let's face it, the Amiga scene is renowned for being full of mentally unstable fantasists who lie for the sake of it.
  • »12.09.17 - 19:21
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > I've been informed that he's genuinely mentally ill with delusions and lives in a
    > fantasy world. [...] based on his public behaviour I'd tend to think it could be true.

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73020

Looking more and more likely lol
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

2.7GHz DP G5, 4GB RAM, 512MB Radeon X1950 Pro, 500GB SSHD, MorphOS 3.9
  • »05.12.17 - 15:55
  • vox
    vox
    Quote:

Intuition wrote:

The whole situation has lead me to hosting "Phake 5" video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qELuw_H_gYw&t=9s

Quote:

Yup, that is the website. Posted video to YT above!
    Share it! CUSA has gone done, so will Fake5

[ Edited by vox 21.08.2018 - 19:35 ]
    ------------------------------------------
    iMac G5 1GB with MorphOS and MacOS X
    Lame PC with AmiKit XE
    YT channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdHl_msNWHEVPf229h_gijQ
    Telegram Amiga group: https://t.me/amigaranchorelaxo
  • »21.08.18 - 17:34
  • rob
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    rob
    Quote:

vox wrote:

Yup, that is the website. Posted video to YT above!
    Share it! CUSA has gone done, so will Fake5

I don't think it's fair to put them in the same category as this "Phase5". They did at least sell computers and went to the effort of getting a load of ITX compatible C64 cases stamped and had custom keyboards made to go with them.

I wonder how long it will be before he announces cancellation of all products due to Amiga Future and their tireless army of criminal trolls working around the clock to thwart Phase5's every effort.
  • »21.08.18 - 18:19
  • vox
    vox
    Quote:

rob wrote:
    I don't think it's fair to put them in the same category as this "Phase5". They did at least sell computers and went to the effort of getting a load of ITX compatible C64 cases stamped and had custom keyboards made to go with them.

Please dont go there. They abused Linux Mint and CBM to make some fake CommodoreOS that wasnt working and also been at same time counting on AOS community, and flamming it.

Biggest promise was AROS development and AROS shipped with their machines.

They delivered only the mentioned CBM case mold, but never open sourced it, so its lost.

Rest was a heavy fakerism, be it on Amiga scene or x64.

Many other companies DID way more with LESS fake phanphares.

What is SAME is PRETENDING to be BIG and SIGNIFICANT and ABUSING Amiga history for your own promo.
    Lame PC with AmiKit XE
  • »21.08.18 - 18:37
    KennyR
    Quote:

vox wrote:
    Please dont go there. They abused Linux Mint and CBM to make some fake CommodoreOS that wasnt working and also been at same time counting on AOS community, and flamming it.

You know, replace Linux Mint with "GPL" and "Commodore" with "Amiga", and you have Hyperion.

Except, CUSA were a lot more positive in outlook and cooperation than Hyperion ever were. Methinks you pick poor allies and enemies, vox.
  • »21.08.18 - 18:47
  • vox
    vox
    Quote:

vox wrote:
    You know, replace Linux Mint with "GPL" and "Commodore" with "Amiga", and you have Hyperion.

Except, CUSA were a lot more positive in outlook and cooperation than Hyperion ever were. Methinks you pick poor allies and enemies, vox.

I have a very bad opinion of Hyperion too. A lot of small companies do try to milk Amiga name, but in different ways. Too bad we dont have one single entity to be shilded, or singilar community.

CUSA were positive in outlook AND Cooperation? C`mon, get real :-)
    Lame PC with AmiKit XE
  • »21.08.18 - 18:56
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Quote:

vox wrote:
    Quote:

rob wrote:

Biggest promise was AROS development and AROS shipped with their machines.

They delivered only the mentioned CBM case mold, but never open sourced it, so its lost.

Rest was a heavy fakerism, be it on Amiga scene or x64.

Many other companies DID way more with LESS fake phanphares.

What is SAME is PRETENDING to be BIG and SIGNIFICANT and ABUSING Amiga history for your own promo.

Are you saying the molds were lost?

Quote:

After his death and the fall of CommodoreUSA I made some enquiries and managed to acquire the website, molds and some stock.

Source

I'm confused here. If they were indeed sold to Sean Donohue, then how could a company no longer owning the molds open source them? You could write and ask Sean what the truth is. What's the worst that could happen if you do?

Oh, and if you do choose to correspond with him, be sure to ask why he filed for the "Amiga" trademark in the U.S. long after he knew that Cloanto had already filed.

Quote:

CUSA had wanted to develop a port of AmigaOS for the C64X range either with the Aros team and/or Hyperion, but was met with stiff opposition citing creative and legal differences, hence led them to the development of COS Vision.

I'm guessing you put no stock in the above?

[ Edited by number6 21.08.2018 - 16:26 ]
  • »21.08.18 - 19:21