• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:

I don't think it's worth debating, as the chances of MorphOS running on X5000 are practically nil, so nobody's going to be buying that stuff and not using it.

Just say a little bird told me.

Hmm... If there is truth to that statement then the MorphOS Team should issue a statement quickly, so people like Jim aren't suckered into buying an X5000 or Cyrus board early which will not see a MorphOS release.

I don't think the responsibility rests with the MorphOS team to stop people buying hardware that, for one reason or another, won't support an official MorphOS release. It's up to people like Jim to wait until there is an official MorphOS release on it before buying one.

$1500 is a lot of money to waste on a leap of faith, and "It won't run the OS I wanted" isn't a valid warranty claim, especially as the seller make absolutely no claims as to running it.

So, people have figured out that there is no practical reason why MorphOS wouldn't run on X5000, it clearly does. There isn't a legal leg to stand on not running MorphOS on X5000, as even in 2016 you can still run anything you want on a computer. Or, wait, can you? I have a theory. Let's see how it pans out.
  • »10.10.16 - 22:37