id Software to release Doom 3 source code
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

IKE wrote:
    What are your system specs? Thanks!

It's Power Mac G5 QUAD (4x2,5 GHz) with Radeon X1950GT.
  • »24.05.22 - 15:12
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cool_amigaN
    Don't know where to report it and whether it's affiliated with the issues regarding tinygl you are discussing here, but Quake 3 Arena suffers from textures falling in various maps (not the default ones though). For example OSP CTF2 (Crossing Paths), on the centre place where there should have been fog, there are white boxes instead. Tried to take a grab via builtin Quake III grabber but graphics appear heavily scrambled on the image. If needed I can shoot a photo. This is happening to a lot of custom maps such as Short Circuit (DM map) - I can list some more if needed.
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »25.05.22 - 23:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    @Cool_amigaN

Quake3: My guess is new TinyGL vs old Q3 MOS port (and mods behaving badly).

You "could" test my warpos Q3 port and check out what does (I have to upgrade it btw):

https://github.com/AmigaPorts/ioq3

Run the latest release (beta9r4) from a shell after adding "stack 0x2000000".

Of course backup the old Q3 MOS binary and configs.

Even being out of this thread, help is help. You can PM me about it (or bigfoot).

[ Edited by Cowcat 26.05.2022 - 08:14 ]
  • »26.05.22 - 08:13
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

Cowcat wrote:
    er because skipLightScale is "0": Sometimes newer compiled versions tend to reset some of the values (config is rewritten with default values).

The weird gfx glitch I don't know now.

I've set the skipLightScale to 1, it's better this way.
    The glitch is gone. Probably moon phase has something to do with that :)

here's a new YouTube video

Now - the game runs well, but as soon as our character takes a hit (gets shot or hit in hand-to-hand combat) the game stutters for a while. It makes the difficulty level much higher, even more when we're engaging multiple opponents (video to come).
  • »26.05.22 - 12:23
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    @koszer

Did you check your email ?

Moon ?
    Also Mars positioning has something to do with game running ok. A lot of gremlins.
  • »26.05.22 - 14:21
  • rob
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    rob
    Doom 3 is currently on sale on steam for £0.99 until 7th of July for anyone wanting to get a legal copy of the data files.
  • »01.07.22 - 07:04