Virtal Grand Prix 2 preinstalled version
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Hello,

i will upload soon differents version of Virtual Grand Prix 2 (HD version, LD version, SD version) with all tracks preinstalled on MorphOS-Storage.

Thanks to jPV to send me new tracks i didn't have.

Somebody have :

Magnycours tracks (HD, LD, SD)
    Monaco tracks (HD, LD, SD)
    Sepang track (HD, LD, SD)

please?

[EDIT] Bizarelly, the game don't start on G5+X1950 any idea plase? Game obsolete?

This is the log file:
    log.txt

[EDIT2] The seems work nice on jPV config (same mine), maybe i have forgot to install something...
    Virtual Grand Prix 2 (VGP2) with VGPHD textures on MorphOS

[PROBLEM SOLVED] My game was installed on a NTFS partition...

Upload of differents versions soon...
  • »03.09.24 - 07:22
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    Magnycours tracks (HD, LD, SD)

Were there VGPHD versions of this track? The VGPHD project didn't cover all the original tracks IIRC.

Quote:

Monaco tracks (HD, LD, SD)
    Sepang track (HD, LD, SD)

These are 3rd party tracks that aren't from the VGPHD project. So there's only one version of each available and they're not with "HD" textures.

Quote:

Upload of differents versions soon...

Would it be better to include all versions in a single archive? Because in your VirtualGP2-HD_1.06.lha archive there are VGPHD (HD res) versions of most original tracks, but then you still have non-HD versions of elkhartlake, magnycours, monaco, nuerburgring, and zeltweg tracks. The VGPHD project didn't cover all the original tracks and then there are these non-HD 3rd party tracks too.

So, my suggestion is to create just a single archive where you have all the original tracks without touching them, and then all VGPHD tracks in separate directories with different names, and of course the three 3rd party tracks too. Then users don't have to re-launch the game when they want to try tracks with different textures etc., and they can get everything with a single download.

For example, leave the original Barcelona track to the "barcelona" dir, and create "barcelona_ld", "barcelona_sd", and "barcelona_hd" directories for VGPHD tracks. Then edit the config/circuiti.config file to contain all these directories and they appear to the game for users to select them.

Here's my circuiti.config file if you want to check that.
  • »03.09.24 - 11:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    @jPV

ha... i didn't see there were "original" tracks.

I will do that, it's a better solution i think too...

Any ideas to install 2007_Carset_and_driver_file_1.5.zip and menu_graphics.zip archives ?

I keep them as addons to install by the user?

Thanks for your config file ;-)
  • »03.09.24 - 11:22
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    I have 2007 carset and drivers in use myself, but for some reason I didn't use mainsfondo.raw from the menu graphics archive, can't remember the reason...

As they can't be selected in the game, maybe it is better to leave with original data and let user install them if he wants? Or use updated carset and driver, but don't install menu graphics... or have all options as separate directories so that user can rename directories to get other sets in use.
  • »03.09.24 - 13:05
    Profile Visit Website