AminetRadio
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I tried to use the shoutcast serach with no success the IP Address is set to 207.200.98.1

Yes, this stopped working 2 years ago.
  • »26.09.13 - 20:07
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I guess you should use another one.

I doubt any server offering the old Shoutsearch API used by ANR is still online. What would be required is adapting ANR to the recent Shoutsearch API.
  • »26.09.13 - 20:14
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    connor
    I never used Shoutcasts really. I just played with it years ago. So if the whole service is still available is out of my scope. I hardly use ANR anymore because it gets more and more out of date. Sadly it gets no more updates. Sad because it was a real great program. It was always my favourite music player. Would just need some bugfixes to keep it uptodate again.
  • »26.09.13 - 21:06
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> What would be required is adapting ANR to the recent Shoutsearch API.

> if the whole service is still available is out of my scope.

As I wrote, the service is available, just with another API than years ago.
  • »26.09.13 - 21:49
  • Just looking around
    Thanks for all your information. I appreciate all your input I figured it was something like that but wanted to know if there was a solution that I didn't know about.

Thanks Again
  • »27.09.13 - 01:13
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

ANR proxy anyone? :) Should be simple enough...
  • »27.09.13 - 08:11
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    Quote:

ANR proxy anyone? :) Should be simple enough...

I can give free space for that on my dedicated server (CentOS based) but someone would need to do all the work as I'm not familiar with this kind of stuff.
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »27.09.13 - 09:00
    Profile Visit Website
    connor
    >>> What would be required is adapting ANR to the recent Shoutsearch API.

>> if the whole service is still available is out of my scope.

> As I wrote, the service is available, just with another API than years ago.

And I said that it doesn't interest me because of other limitations in ANR.
  • »27.09.13 - 17:41
    Jambalah
    Hi everyone!
    Diggin' up this (not so) old thread to let you know that now (for some reasons I really don't know) clicking on a radio station inside shoutcast web site and setting OWB mime in the appropriate way AmiNetRadio will load the station and play the music correctly.
    Happy!
    I was trying CgmRadio by Grzegorz Kraszewski a shoutcast player which is possible to use with OWB setting the mime. I wasn't be able to play anything with CgmRadio (I'm going to test it more) but keeping the same mime settings I tried to use AmiNetRadio as external viewer. Success!
    For the record mime settings are:
    mime type: audio/x-scpls
    extension: pls
    external viewer -> (your dir)/AmiNetRadio %l
    Save & listen!
    If you should encounter problems with search option: clicking on the list of genres generate a string in OWB address bar like this: "http://www.shoutcast.com/?action=sub&cat=(name of the genre)#" which seems not to allow any word search (I tried spoofing with no result). It's enough to delete the part from question mark to the end manually or clicking on shoucast logo above to solve the problem.
    Pegasos II 1 ghz
    Powermac G4 Quicksilver with Sonnet Encore 1.8 ghz
    Powermac G4 MDD single 1.25 ghz, silenced for ears health...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.7 ghz I'll be back...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.0 ghz
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz 17
  • »18.03.14 - 15:12
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    For aminetradio i've used a m3u like for winamp to setup my favorite stations, and next i use it on the playlist

[ Edited by acepeg 18.03.2014 - 21:44 ]
  • »18.03.14 - 21:43
  • rms
    rms
    Quote:

Jambalah wrote:
    I was trying CgmRadio by Grzegorz Kraszewski a shoutcast player which is possible to use with OWB setting the mime. I wasn't be able to play anything with CgmRadio (I'm going to test it more)

Hi, I only use CgmRadio for Playing radio stations and for me it works fine. Though I get sometimes complete locks, just nothing plays anymore and sometimes a 2nd launch wont work. Needs a reset then. I launch it automatically at startup in the network-user-startup with:
    run System:C/CgmRadio STREAM=194.232.200.156:8000 >NIL:

regards
    Christoph
  • »19.03.14 - 04:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    Krashan
    As CgmRadio has been mentioned in the thread, I want to write a few things. These are stated in the readme, but I know, noone reads it anyway ;-).

1. CgmRadio is only able to decode streams using codecs supported by Reggae, which, currently means only MP3. ShoutCast protocol however does not limit codec to MP3, so some radios use Ogg Vorbis, Advanced Audio Coding or more exotic codecs.

2. As for buffering "hangups" there is no need to reboot. There are two kinds of these. A simplest case is when the main thread is waiting for playback thread. Sending CTRL-C signal (from console or Task Manager) exits the program. Usually CgmRadio stalls at 0% buffer in this case. Some more complicated case is when buffer "stalls" at 100%. Then to exit the program one has to break process named "http.stream x", where 'x' is some number. This can be done by sending it CTRL-C from Task Manager. Then one can send also CTRL-C to the main CgmRadio process. I know it is cumbersome, it needs some improvements in Reggae.

3. Odyssey integration. Some sites hosting links to playlist files have also other set of problems. First, some of them simply do not set Content-Type to "audio/x-scpls" mimetype. Then Odyssey just saves playlist to a file. Some other sites do set the mimetype but also send header "Content-Disposition: attachment" which contradicts MIME settings as it forces Odyssey to save as file as well. I've talked with Fab about option for overriding Content-Disposition.

4. Future versions of CgmRadio will be able to download playlist on its own (like AmiNetRadio does), they will also support *.m3u playlist format.
  • »20.03.14 - 07:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    weiseb
    Would it be possible to do a decoding module (and maybe even encoding) based on something like libavcodec or does this just not play well with Reggaes design principle?
  • »20.03.14 - 15:27
  • MorphOS Developer
    Krashan
    @weiseb:

Would it be possible to do a decoding module (and maybe even encoding) based on something like libavcodec or does this just not play well with Reggaes design principle?

Well, it will kill Reggae "spirit" of modularity and lightweightness, but Reggae can be bent to it when we discard some nice features like content based format recognition, metadata support, or user-selectabe encoders with automatic GUI. But don't ask me, I won't do it.

[ Edited by Krashan 20.03.2014 - 17:42 ]
  • »20.03.14 - 17:41
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    It's a shame so much trouble to get it working these days. It was also one of my favorite music players.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »20.03.14 - 21:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Tom01
    You can search Radio-Stations with OWB, save the pls-file and load it into ANR.
    Or you can configure OWB to open the pls-file with mplayer or CgmRadio.

[ Edited by Tom01 23.03.2014 - 12:36 ]
  • »21.03.14 - 01:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    weiseb
    @Krashan

Thank you for your answer. Thats close to what I assumed.

Do you or anyone else plan to do ogg support?
    All I can offer is to support a bounty with a few cents.
  • »22.03.14 - 13:48
    Jambalah
    Krashan & Rms: thanks to both!
    I did it though I still prefer AmiNetRadio since I can record music on the fly.
    But I'm waiting for future release of CgmRadio as its future features seems to be really interesting.
    Pegasos II 1 ghz
    Powermac G4 Quicksilver with Sonnet Encore 1.8 ghz
    Powermac G4 MDD single 1.25 ghz, silenced for ears health...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.7 ghz I'll be back...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.0 ghz
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz 17
  • »23.03.14 - 08:27