ANR not streaming
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Jambalah
    Shoutcast server is gone again... =(
    ANR doesn't find the stored radio station I had and if you try to search stations same result.
    Typing http://207.200.98.1 in OWB this message will be displayed:

"Unable to connect to Shoutcast DB server
    MySQL Error: 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query
    Session halted."

...it seems there are no more shoutcast to use with ANR.......... ??
    Btw, MPlayer is usable as well... =)
    Pegasos II 1 ghz
    Powermac G4 Quicksilver with Sonnet Encore 1.8 ghz
    Powermac G4 MDD single 1.25 ghz, silenced for ears health...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.7 ghz I'll be back...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.0 ghz
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz 17
  • »16.09.11 - 16:47
    analogkid
    @Jambalah

> ...it seems there are no more shoutcast to use with ANR.......... ??
    > Btw, MPlayer is usable as well... =)

As mentioned above, you can use ANR for streaming as well as MPlayer. Just paste the URL into the ASL filerequester.

[ Edited by analogkid 16.09.2011 - 17:11 ]
  • »16.09.11 - 17:10
  • rms
    rms
    Hi,
    it seems that shoutcast do not work anymore with http://207.200.98.1 :-(

I was not able to: paste an url and it works! E. g. I try http://www.977music.com but it doesn't work.

Could anyone just explain how do I have to use this, and wouldn't it be possible to add a solution to OWB to be able to search and play internet radio? As ANR is getting older and older...

Or do I miss something and it works...

Thanks for any help.

Regards
    Christoph
  • »17.09.11 - 19:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Korni
    Run >NIL: AmiNetRadio NOSTARTWINDOW http://demovibes.de:8000/necta192.mp3
    Works here (TM)

[ Edited by Korni 17.09.2011 - 21:29 ]
    http://korni.ppa.pl/modkowypaczek/ | My Rifle, My Bunny, and Me
  • »17.09.11 - 20:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • rms
    rms
    @ Korni

Thanks very much for your feed-back. Yes this works here too, great. But how can one easy search search radio stations as before and play them?
  • »18.09.11 - 10:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • rms
    rms
    Something else, could OWB to be used to browse stations and then forward the station to ANR or MPlayer to play?
  • »21.09.11 - 06:03
    Profile Visit Website
    Jambalah
    OWB allows to set mime to listen to radio stations with Mplayer. Afair the .pls files are played flawless with MPlayer.
    So, settings a mime with external viewer works. The problem is: ANR allows to load .pls files and plays the radio those files are pointing but if you set the mime with ANR as external player, ANR will display a "receiving playlist.." eternal message and stays.... But if you save the .pls file and then you load it ANR will play the radio channel.
    And this is (for the moment and for me, since no ANR-reloaded in the air :-)) is the solution: browse with OWB, listen with MPlayer and create your own playlist of favourite radios with ANR using the playlist editor.
    But there is a "dirty" system too: presuming you set ANR as your external viewer in OWB mime, click on the radiostation you selected and when the message "receiving playlist..." appears, open the file requester and erase everything in the "File" text field and then click "OK". Anr will load and play the radio.
    This method should work with almost all radios with a .pls extension in their link.
    I've even tried with .mp3.m3u files and I noticed some files are loaded (few), others not. The files loaded (with ANR or MPlayer) have a tool icon and not a text icon and inside those files there are some additional infos with the http address of radiostation. OWB load them directly, ANR not, since it needs to load once saved them.
    For a list of radiostations you can use the Shoutcast website that we used with ANR(but selecting radio station with right mouse button or shoutcast website will try to open a player that doesn't work) or use this Mikes Radio World that is much better and it has a really huge list of radios.
    Pegasos II 1 ghz
    Powermac G4 Quicksilver with Sonnet Encore 1.8 ghz
    Powermac G4 MDD single 1.25 ghz, silenced for ears health...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.7 ghz I'll be back...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.0 ghz
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz 17
  • »21.09.11 - 08:44
  • rms
    rms
    Hi all, is there really no easy solution, search window - go - select - play, to browse internet radio stations and then get the played?
  • »26.09.11 - 06:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Not yet! It would be helpfull if anyone write the problem to the programmer (AmiZEUX - UltraGelb)......
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »26.09.11 - 11:49
  • rms
    rms
    AFAIR the programmer did do already a new version of AminetRadio, there is even a screengrab of it somewhere around but I also remember about something that the software want be released, whichever reason this could be. This is why in IMO it would be great if we could get a simple solution to use OWB for searching radiostations and then play them.
  • »27.09.11 - 06:44
    Profile Visit Website
  • rms
    rms
    AFAIR the programmer did do already a new version of AminetRadio, there is even a screengrab of it somewhere around but I also remember about something that the software want be released, whichever reason this could be. This is why in IMO it would be great if we could get a simple solution to use OWB for searching radiostations and then play them.
  • »27.09.11 - 07:28
    Profile Visit Website